2/25 Sunny, fast, cookies galore.

Kyle

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Not a bad idea, maybe a bit overkill but in the event of a lost wallet it would save me hassle.

I was so paranoid about losing my passport in Europe that I wore it in a holder around my neck. Some Euro chick was making fun of me on the bus because I checked for my passport every 15 seconds to make sure it was still there

Wow well you don’t want to have to be posted up an the US embassy waiting for extradition back to the states. The euro chick probably wanted to fuck.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

it is a form of government ID.

and if you don't have a Real ID license you can use it instead. 

You don't need to be confused. It is actually quite easy to understand. Just trying to give Salty options if he is worrying about losing his ID.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/passports/how-a-passport-can-help-you-fly-domestically.html

Edited by toast21602
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Real IDs aren’t needed for PA residents to fly domestically until October and they may extend the deadline even more. 

Great. Well if Salty loses his license in UT he can just tell them that and I'm sure they will let him through security with ease. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Great. Well if Salty loses his license in UT he can just tell them that and I'm sure they will let him through security with ease. 

Actually they will, minus the ease part. One of my Jeopardy players lost her purse at Disney two years ago and was able to fly back without ID. The TSA website recommended showing up at the airport as far in advance of your flight as possible if it happens to you. She was with security for like 3 hours, no one allowed to go with her. I didn’t ask what all she had to fill out or what they verified because she was really annoying and I didn’t want to get her started. 😂

Nothing wrong with flying with passport domestically though. Used mine on this past trip, mostly because my DL had expired and renewal hadn’t come, didn’t feel like dealing with the potential question about the expiration and showing the temporary paper printout. Neither the Southwest nor TSA agents batted an eye.

• Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I'm using my passport when the stupid real ID requirement starts because I'm not paying $35 for it cuz it's dumb.

You’re smart about that.  A friend went through the real ID process for his whole family last spring I bet he spent almost $170 on the ordeal and they all have passports already.  

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

On the topic of passports, there’s a big backlog so anyone who’s expires soon, get on it early. Mine expires next spring so I’ll probably send it in for renewal soon. 

I also need to check on the renewal of my PreCheck. That should be coming up soon too

Precheck, that’s nice..you’re living life in the fast lane..quite literally. 

26 minutes ago, Mixilplix said:

I just did Global Entry....

When I got Pre it didn’t seem worth it to do Global Entry, I never leave the country and that’s not likely to change anytime soon. I signed up for Pre when they had the special sign up drive at ABE so it made it super easy

Edited by enjoralas

23 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Precheck, that’s nice..you’re living life in the fast lane..quite literally. 

It made total sense to me even before ski trip flights were on my radar since we go to Disney so much. Whenever anyone asks me if it’s worth it I tell them if you fly once a year average it’s a no brainer. I say “It’s $85 for 5 years. That’s $19 a year. If you fly once, it’s $10 each way. If someone walked up to you and said you could hand them a  $10 bill to get in this shorter line, leave your shoes on, belt on, light jacket on, laptop in bag, liquids in bag and go thru the metal detector instead of the hands up, don’t shoot machine, would you spend the ten?” My answer was every time, so it was a no brainer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

It made total sense to me even before ski trip flights were on my radar since we go to Disney so much. Whenever anyone asks me if it’s worth it I tell them if you fly once a year average it’s a no brainer. I say “It’s $85 for 5 years. That’s $19 a year. If you fly once, it’s $10 each way. If someone walked up to you and said you could hand them a  $10 bill to get in this shorter line, leave your shoes on, belt on, light jacket on, laptop in bag, liquids in bag and go thru the metal detector instead of the hands up, don’t shoot machine, would you spend the ten?” My answer was every time, so it was a no brainer.

I need to learn more about this...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

I need to learn more about this...

Correct. I always get frazzled dealing with the luggage scan. When I was a noobie I'd put my wallet and keys in a bin. Way too easy for someone to swipe, though I doubt anyone would because there are probably 1000 cameras. Now I put my junk in my suitcase first.

Still annoys me having to take my laptop out. I dont bother with small liquid bottles anymore and no one says a word.

Last time my white noise machine looked suspicious and they ripped apart my suitcase... I was not happy. Now I put it on top of everything

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Everybody stay on topic..the topic is cookies. 

Ok. I might buy delicious chocolate chip cookies tomorrow at the airport after going through the hands up dont shoot scanner. Hopefully I dont get groped, I dont like random dudes with gloves feeling me up.

• Boner City 1

5 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct. I always get frazzled dealing with the luggage scan. When I was a noobie I'd put my wallet and keys in a bin. Way too easy for someone to swipe, though I doubt anyone would because there are probably 1000 cameras. Now I put my junk in my suitcase first.

Still annoys me having to take my laptop out. I dont bother with small liquid bottles anymore and no one says a word.

Last time my white noise machine looked suspicious and they ripped apart my suitcase... I was not happy. Now I put it on top of everything

How big is the white noise machine?  Living in the hotel house I get white black and brown noise sometimes. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, saltyant said:

Ok. I might buy delicious chocolate chip cookies tomorrow at the airport after going through the hands up dont shoot scanner. Hopefully I dont get groped, I dont like random dudes with gloves feeling me up.

They probably don’t like feeling you up either.  It’s their job, you probably get profiled sometimes. 

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, PSUFly said:

I didn't realize the pre-check was that cheap.  I'll have to look into that when I start going on more trips.  I got the real ID last year, but only because I needed to renew my drivers license anyway.  

Yeah, it’s a pretty effective way to get people to realize the value