2/26...pretty good..sunny..busy

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I’m done with another session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot at 820am and there were already a lot of people here. In the house were C1er, Rodney and ZZSlope. First civilian six pack with C1 and I did sidewinder first because it looked nice and I wasn’t wrong. Very nice groomed snow.  Second run I did lazy mile which was also very nice and they blew snow on a couple spots.  They blew a little snow on paradise, razors, midway, Burma and shuttle as well.  

Third run i skied switchback and nobody was on it which was nice and good grooming. I don’t think it got warm enough for full on slush yesterday which kept snow surfaces generally pleasant today.  The sun was shining and the temperature rise through the 30s.  Fourth run I skied paradise and it was good but busy.  Fifth run Main Street nice fresh cord on the top and choppy mini cookies lower down.  6th run I skied razors edge which had good and bad spot.  7th run Sidewinder to lower lazy..sidewinder was still smooth. Rode the Main Street chair and 8th and final fun widowmaker to midway to little gap to Burma..more bad conditions than good on that run and I couldn’t believe how busy Burma was. By this point the six pack had a full corral so I retired to the parking lot and finishing my breakfast quesadilla from earlier and having a beer or two before I go into work.  JADIP

842341EF-AD76-4BEA-B2CF-6BF04DACB211.jpeg

DB3DFC09-0668-4B04-8F05-83AAB1CE8692.jpeg

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Looks like another nice sunny day. WTGAI.

WJW. Blowing snow and putting fresh stone in the lot. Now I'm good for paying $600 for next season. 

If they planted some trees like Elk I would be fine with $900. Leaving money on the table!

I might just write them an extra check actually but Don't cash it until next Thursday

5 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’d pay $900 what difference is $300 gonna make during th course of a year. That’s $25 a month..you can barely sponsor a child for that.  

900, 900 900....

Do I hear $1,100? Come on ladies and gents how can you put a price on skiing the coldest six pack in Pennsylvania? 

image.png.e8f5fd0057cca9bbef93eb75a71274c2.png

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, saltyant said:

If you buy a season pass for Blue for $600 you're validating that the way they currently operate is worth $600, good and bad. The only thing that actually matters to them is financials at the end of the day. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Nah they’re happy to see all of us have a good time skiing and most of the top management at blue are skiers. Not everybody is only about the Benjamins. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Besides the sixer being busted for a hot minute and having to ride the dirty double like a peasant today was super perfect. 

The last couple days have been super perfect soft sun baked mashed but today might have been the best so far. 

Interesting to see what happens after the rain but more interesting is when the crowds break. Normally maybe a week and it should be empty but who knows.

• Haha 1