12/23/21 - Night/Day conditions...

indiggio

Will get this out of the way before I get distracted...Fox!
Oh yeah, prior to the tape drop yesterday, we all watched a pair of red foxes run up through the woods next to the adventure line across Vista!

The lot was pretty empty this morning when I arrived, save for @Johnny Law, later ran into @Benm walking to the rope, along with Slim, Gary, Donny, Rick, Bethlehem Ford guy followed by @AtomicSkier.  Sorry if I missed anyone, but that's about all my mind can hold.

Conditions were marked improvement over yesterday's icy conditions.  They topped off everything and Gary said that top of Main Street was going to be open, which it was.
The snow was firm, chalk cord to start out with which made for excellent grip and carving.  Unfortunately it was short-lived, after a fairly decent crowd got on everything, the slopes soon turned to cookies pretty much everywhere except for lower Midway where the fan gun was coating it with some fresh.

Upper Main is only half-width, as they showed Barney's no love (here it comes...).  I presume they rather used the water and air for blowing big time on Homestretch, Tut's and Lazy.
Conditions there started out the same, nice chalky, grippy snow that eventually turned into cookies.  The sides ended up being quite nice and soft though.

Santas were even spotted around the mountain and ended up with a few runs with him.

Even ran into @MrsSnowBunSki

823855A6-0A0F-41E6-A0F1-33CFBE6456DA.thumb.jpeg.dc241d7a22fe601c5f9d16a7f6b7048b.jpeg

B873C612-9F1F-4EAA-9E74-5DC7D779DB54.thumb.jpeg.9979bb9d309bed28cfccc1f9b6f6b127.jpeg

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Today had the best snow of the season so far, first full length main st was very good and I'd say second and third where just good before the cookies came out. Snow goes fast at blue when main st is 1/3rd width. 

They did awesome though making snow and lazy tuts all looking much better than yesterday. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

You must have bugged out early the day he brought it. 

honestly, it's prob for the best. I realized that boilo isn't really something to sample. The first bit is strong. It gets much better by the second cup but prob tastes like shit to just taste unless already hammered. 

Regardless, tomorrow I'll be making another batch (proper, I didn't really like the progressive recipe). I'll bring it to the lot, but understand that its prob best to have a buzz before sampling. 

Ngl I'm gonna warm some up now. 

Edited by Benm
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Benm said:

honestly, it's prob for the best. I realized that boilo isn't really something to sample. The first bit is strong. It gets much better by the second cup but prob tastes like shit to just taste unless already hammered. 

Regardless, tomorrow I'll be making another batch (proper, I didn't really like the progressive recipe). I'll bring it to the lot, but understand that its prob best to have a buzz before sampling. 

Ngl I'm gonna warm some up now. 

You’re over thinking it.