Bear Creek 21/22 Season

antman12

Yep, it does. Of course you should have someone else with you I would suppose so it looks like you actually are dropping someone off, lol. When I left at 3 there were quite a few spaces down close. I didn't see anyone directing traffic.

37 minutes ago, theprogram4 said:

Does “I’m dropping someone off” still work as an excuse to drive into the main lot when it’s full?

30 minutes ago, mgguy said:

Yep, it does. Of course you should have someone else with you I would suppose so it looks like you actually are dropping someone off, lol. When I left at 3 there were quite a few spaces down close. I didn't see anyone directing traffic.

I usually just told the guys “I’m going to try my luck at the bottom, you can laugh at me when I come back up” and they’d always let me go. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Another great morning. A crispy 13ish degree but was nice and comfortable under the blasting sun. Little complaint; can you drop the rope at 9? I think it didn’t drop till 905 which seems to be the norm?

They opened A lift around 11 which lighten the lift lines to next to no wait for about an hour before we left around noon. 

Pretty happy with the SS 180 5050 180 out. 

9F6F851A-A9DC-422F-B996-0166468FB223.gif

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Looking good antman; think I saw you in the a chair liftline. 

TR 1/24 was perhaps the best day at Bear this year! Snow was smooth and wonderful. ROTD Grizzly. TImberline a close second. Even with the event going on minimal to no lift lines. Kodiak was very nice up until we left at 1; Black Bear had really nice snow. Edgeable all over the mt. The wife did Extreme because the skiers right was looking real good and it was! Just a bit sketchy early in day to get to the good stuff. Blue Bird day! Also- kudoos to the lifties! Great staff this year.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

TR 1/25 absolutely best day of the season. Rolled in at 8:30, second chair. Kodiak was wonderful cord and stayed as great snow until I left at noon. Grizzly skiers right, Timberline, Broadway every bit as good as Kodiak. Only issue was in and out flat light. JADIP

• Like 4

TR 1/28. Rolled in at 8:30 to a snowy day. The snow showers turned out to be steady snow until noon. Best conditions of the year, soft, quiet snow on all trails. Kodiak, Upper Kodiak, Timberline, Broadway all exceptional. Grizzly has new seeded bumps that need to work in that cover the skiers left side, bumps go all the way to the bottom. Two big new snow features in Black Bear Park plus an additional ramp put on top of the big hump. Smiles on everyone's faces today! JADIP

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1

TR 1-29, I lied yesterday when I said it was the best conditions of the year! Today blew it away. First chair today, first civilian tracks on F chair side in 4 to 5 inches of wonderful fluffy soft powder. Just WOW! TImberline was exceptional, Grizzly, Broadway, Polar Bear all exceptional also. Not crowded at all, thought I was skiing weekday until around 11 or so when people started to show up. I ran quite a few runs on the edge of skiers left on Timberline, nice powder stashes to pop in and out of. Same thing on Polar Bear skiers right- great play stuff! More than JADIP!

• Like 5
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, mgguy said:

TR 1-29, I lied yesterday when I said it was the best conditions of the year! Today blew it away. First chair today, first civilian tracks on F chair side in 4 to 5 inches of wonderful fluffy soft powder. Just WOW! TImberline was exceptional, Grizzly, Broadway, Polar Bear all exceptional also. Not crowded at all, thought I was skiing weekday until around 11 or so when people started to show up. I ran quite a few runs on the edge of skiers left on Timberline, nice powder stashes to pop in and out of. Same thing on Polar Bear skiers right- great play stuff! More than JADIP!

Love this. Good for you brotha. 

1 hour ago, Justin said:

Yo yo! Thought I'd throw it back and write up a TR for today, 1/31. 

My first year with a BC pass has been incredibly fun, and quite possibly reignited my love for skiing. Being 45 minutes away is a game changer, I'm able to rack up the midweek days now after work with ease. I'm on day 7 - probably the most I've skied in one season, since my last season in VT (2012)...so the most I've skied in 10 years! I would like to get a blue pass again just to avoid the shitshow on weekends and get longer runs, but I think I'll keep BC as my midweek home from here on out. It's just too close to not.

I decided this year to fully dive right back into park skiing. It's been kinda rough at first, but now I'm finally feeling good and confident again. Just doing simple tricks and hot lapping the park leaves me with plenty of stoke to get me through the week. I 100% am skiing for me right now and it's an absolute blast.

Onto the TR...today was probably the best conditions of the year (in the park), by far. I did my standard warmup, B-lift to the family park for some safety tricks and safety meetings (hike that for ~10-15min), sample the grizzly bumps, then back over to kodiak/black bear for the remainder of my session. Bottom half of the bumps were crusty, but the lower half were still OK with tasty stashes...firm, but tacky.

Kodiak/BB is running great right now, the new setup after the hip is very fun and flowy. Basically like a skatepark out there, which is perfect for me. Lips were unlike anything I've ever seen at BC and the park crew has been putting in major work to keep everything fresh. I could do without the stepdown/sharp kink rail (my skis could too), and I wish they'd make the first jump longer (at least 2 lip options) with all the speed you can carry there. But those are minor quirks that I don't mind much at all.

With that said, cascade is not the best, and kinda like a timewarp...that curve box, 5ft high lips onto things, etc. I hope they improve that setup...seems kinda phoned in. I am enjoying my family park/bumps warmup though, just would be nice to have better jib variety for a run or 2. There is only one good rail, but it doesn't warrant skipping Kodiak.

Overall...coverage is great, snow quality is great, it didn't even look like BC out there. 10/10 on the JADIP scale.

BTW...If you see me, come say hi! I've been skiing solo weekdays anywhere from 2-4pm until 6-7pm. Green camo-ish jacket, black helmet, blue/fire goggles, khaki pants, bright red fulltilt boots, line chronics with bright orange bases:

1181831774_ScreenShot2022-01-31at5_55_25PM.thumb.png.3c12fc023a5c184a6ca4a2e8358f38d7.png

Great post. Awesome to hear you’ve regained your passion again, even more so at Bear Creek. I’ll keep a look out for you. 

I haven’t been up since last Wed and since then they’ve added all the jumps, hips and bowls to Black Bear so I look forward to riding that. I should be up Wed night and ride the same time as you…between 4-8 depending on work that day. 

2-1 TR- great snow and kiddy city; rolled in at 8:40 to a beautiful day. Blew snow again last night and the slopes looking great. Kodiak was a delight, only issue (minor) was some uneven spots between groomer runs. Bear Pass was nice and fluffy. Timberline may have been ROTD whether on the right or left side. Broadway and Polar Bear nice smooth snow. Grizzly bumps have matured into real bumps now. Sasquatch was really nice also. About 10:30 there was a population explosion of kids. A little bit of human slalom gates ensued and we decided to call it a day a little after 11. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, mgguy said:

2-1 TR- great snow and kiddy city; rolled in at 8:40 to a beautiful day. Blew snow again last night and the slopes looking great. Kodiak was a delight, only issue (minor) was some uneven spots between groomer runs. Bear Pass was nice and fluffy. Timberline may have been ROTD whether on the right or left side. Broadway and Polar Bear nice smooth snow. Grizzly bumps have matured into real bumps now. Sasquatch was really nice also. About 10:30 there was a population explosion of kids. A little bit of human slalom gates ensued and we decided to call it a day a little after 11. 

Was also up yesterday...wtf was going on with all the kids? I think I watched at least 3 kids die in the park, one of which took a slam to the neck/head after sending the jump full speed, doing a half backflip and completely overshooting the landing. Stood there at the drop in with his dad (on rentals), as he laughed...and WE went to check on him. Glad to see BC hasn't changed one bit.

Hands down, best day of the year though (even better than 1/31). Sun, smooth snow, bumps were primo. 11/10 on the JADIP scale. Skied from noon-4, it's rare I stay out that long, so you know it was good.

• Like 3