Montage 1 22 21

PSUFrankenstein

Just now, Mixilplix said:

Looks fantastic..place is usually empty..........but shiiiiit skinning at Montage??!!

Yeah not sure what their policy is but I've seen people do it plenty of times.  

Great day.   Boomer and smoke were awesome.   Top to bottom stuff was decent too (fast track and runaway)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

This is super exciting. Looking forward to getting there, especially if I can uphill. Rattler is one of my favorites because it’s basically just a cat track through the woods. 

Let me know when you go and I'll try to make it.   Not gonna do uphill but I'll have a beer waiting for you at the top of Phoebe Snow lift or the long haul 

• Thanks 1

Nice, report.. I miss Breaker!

I was up there today too, buy really did not get off the top mountain. I decided Montage was a good place to take my friend since it was her first time skiing this year and overall she is still learning.

We got on the mountain around 10 am spent most time over on Upper FasTrack and Upper Runaway. The conditions were nice and lift line was non existent.  We took a break and I picked up some Revellos too, but I felt guilty since Im a Colarussos fanboy. Haha. 

After food, I got her down Lower Runaway twice, but by 130, it was getting a bit slick and we called it quits after she took a decent spill on the last headwall on Lower Runaway.

Overall a nice low key/relaxing day.  Conditions and crowds were fantastic before noon on the upper mountain... Would have liked to check out Boomer and Smoke, but will save the legs for Blue in the morning... Legs still tired from volleyball double header on Thursday.

(Sorry, no pics)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pcklein31 said:

Nice, report.. I miss Breaker!

I was up there today too, buy really did not get off the top mountain. I decided Montage was a good place to take my friend since it was her first time skiing this year and overall she is still learning.

We got on the mountain around 10 am spent most time over on Upper FasTrack and Upper Runaway. The conditions were nice and lift line was non existent.  We took a break and I picked up some Revellos too, but I felt guilty since Im a Colarussos fanboy. Haha. 

After food, I got her down Lower Runaway twice, but by 130, it was getting a bit slick and we called it quits after she took a decent spill on the last headwall on Lower Runaway.

Overall a nice low key/relaxing day.  Conditions and crowds were fantastic before noon on the upper mountain... Would have liked to check out Boomer and Smoke, but will save the legs for Blue in the morning... Legs still tired from volleyball double header on Thursday.

(Sorry, no pics)

Nice, yeah I was there from 8 30 until around 1 or so.  Boomer and Smoke were good up until I left.  I didn't do much on upper mountain except for some top to bottom runs on runaway and fast track