Jump to content

AZ snowbowl January 23


Recommended Posts

12 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Posted up at EWR. Plan is to drive to Flag tonight, ski tomorrow, Thurs and Fri, drive to Phoenix to drop off my kid and meet with friends for dinner Fri night. Snowbowl has gotten about 60 inches over the last few weeks. Looking like sun and over the next few days however. Should be fun.

AZSB-Drone-Photo-scaled.jpg

Sounds like you’re really going to luck out. The gondola was closed again today. The upper part of the mountain will be untouched. 
 

Flagstaff, such a cool town I wouldn’t mind living there. I have a friend that goes out every summer. He was raving about a Mexican restaurant he found , turned out I stopped there too “ Salsa Brava “ 

 

Pictures please! 

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Found lots of trees off of grand canyon express and the az gondi that I didn't ski last year.  wide with nice pow stashes. Also skied the gondi line t to b which was fan freaking tastic. My daughter is here now so will likely stick to groomers until close.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, RidgeRacer said:

Found lots of trees off of grand canyon express and the az gondi that I didn't ski last year.  wide with nice pow stashes. Also skied the gondi line t to b which was fan freaking tastic. My daughter is here now so will likely stick to groomers until close.

Did you have to leave and pick your daughter up at the hotel so she could sleep in?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Did you have to leave and pick your daughter up at the hotel so she could sleep in?  

Of course. It worked out though cause I got to explore and go places that she wouldn't ski this morning. My legs were wrecked so the groomers now are nice. Upper and lower bowl and log jam are excellent still. I told her I'm not doing it tomorrow though. Lol

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Of course. It worked out though cause I got to explore and go places that she wouldn't ski this morning. My legs were wrecked so the groomers now are nice. Upper and lower bowl and log jam are excellent still. I told her I'm not doing it tomorrow though. Lol

Nice…I guess that worked out.  It was like deja vu of last year reading this.  Have your kid get an action shot of you.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Found lots of trees off of grand canyon express and the az gondi that I didn't ski last year.  wide with nice pow stashes. Also skied the gondi line t to b which was fan freaking tastic. My daughter is here now so will likely stick to groomers until close.

The last two lift poles on the Gondi line are freaking high . Pucker factor on the first chair ride ( Chondola ) 

Glad you got the goods! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Currently enjoying a coffee in the lounge by the fireplace (btw the coffee is readily available which is another reason this place is awesome...not to mention their ridiculously good breakfast. They don't just have a waffle maker but two ... Regular and one brown cinnamon sugar waffles which is so bad ass.). As for the skiing it appears there's more sun on tap for today with a high of around 35. Later this afternoon they're calling for snow showers and up to an inch in town which could mean a few inches in the mountain for tomorrow am. Tomorrow will be a short morning sesh before I need to head back to Phoenix (with perhaps a pit stop in Sedona). I plan on exploring more off the goni today to see what I can find. 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RidgeRacer said:

Currently enjoying a coffee in the lounge by the fireplace (btw the coffee is readily available which is another reason this place is awesome...not to mention their ridiculously good breakfast. They don't just have a waffle maker but two ... Regular and one brown cinnamon sugar waffles which is so bad ass.). As for the skiing it appears there's more sun on tap for today with a high of around 35. Later this afternoon they're calling for snow showers and up to an inch in town which could mean a few inches in the mountain for tomorrow am. Tomorrow will be a short morning sesh before I need to head back to Phoenix (with perhaps a pit stop in Sedona). I plan on exploring more off the goni today to see what I can find. 

The ride down 89A through Oak Creek canyon is tough to keep focused on the road as there’s so many sights to see. 

Have fun! 
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@saltyant this is getting good!!!  Sweet pictures and the conditions look primo!!!  Also nice seeing all the trees completely snow covered.  I just checked the radar it looks promising for a couple inches of fresh snow tomorrow morning.  Could be a sleeper pow day..

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 inches fell on the mountain last night. They opened the hike to bowl access at some point yesterday. Considering it for today if there are folks I can tag along with. Planning on getting to the mountain early to beat the crowds and maximize my time. Snows done and the suns coming so it should be a beautiful day.

  • Like 4
  • Boner City 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...