Opening Dec 1 23

mgguy

22 hours ago, JFskiDan said:

I am convinced there was a sale on homes in the Poconos to those that cant drive in the snow, but insist on doing so.  

people in my development are hysterical on FB.......one lady slid off the road into the ditchy-ditch, but said it was maintenance's fault for not laying down salt.  Said she was doing the speed limit, and therefore she shouldnt have slid off the road.  Thats the mentality.  No matter what road conditions are like, as long as you do the speed limit, nothing bad will happen.  

Ah yes, job security. People often forget the speed limits on roads were set for safety standards under normal operating conditions and NOT for unfavorable conditions.  

common sense isn’t so common anymore. 

Edited by Kyle
  • Like 1

Up to JF for a short session so the 3 YO granddaughter could try out her Christmas presents of skis, boots, harness and helmet. Spent most of the time on the Powder Puff lift, but took a run down Dematte’s (a little skied off with piles of soft stuff) and Challenge (soft, but pretty consistent). Back to the lodge about 1 pm and it was about 1/4 full. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Up again to JF, started snowing just as I turned in about 9. Pretty steady snow until about 11:30 when it started sleeting. Challenge and Dematte’s in great shape, nicely buttered with freshies. They opened up thunderbolt for about an hour as the ski patrol was putting padding and sticks defining the edges, closed it about 11 for some reason. Exhibition still not anywhere near close to being ready. Maybe about 50 or 60 people in the house.

IMG_8097.thumb.jpeg.248666c7127ece5bc88ce565733078e4.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Boner City 1

• 2 weeks later...

A day with the DW at Frost. Everything pretty much open on the west side with the exception of Exhibition, and they have a dozen guns and a fan on that. Maybe this weekend. Huge whales on one park (which was open), maybe will reset the features for the weekend. Snow is its usual great condition. Frost usually keeps the whales intact until they groom it all out. No death cookie factories here. 

Quiet vibe today, some geezers, some newbies, some boarders. 

Don’t know about east mountain, but the crossovers top and bottom are covered. No tubing so far this year. 

• Like 5

On 1/18/2024 at 5:09 PM, C1erArt said:

Don’t know about east mountain, but the crossovers top and bottom are covered. No tubing so far this year. 

Man o man, what a bummer. Is Jackson Frost going to ever open any good runs this season???

Edited by saltyant

• 2 weeks later...

Couple of hours this morning at Frost. 33 when I got there, 37 when I left. Most of the time on east mountain. Still a long ways to get Floyd’s open, but they are trying. Exhibition open. They widened the bottom headwall of River Shot by pushing snow off to the right. Slopes are in great shape, very firm with a little soft stuff on top. Nothing off piste. Holding up well when I left. Top speed almost 15 mph faster than yesterday at that other mountain. Started not having an empty slope in front of me about 11. 
First trips on new east mountain lift. Still as slow as before. Not running Tbolt lift weekdays. 

IMG_8139.thumb.jpeg.b12c9d60ecda773171c387c53de179d3.jpeg

IMG_8141.thumb.jpeg.e53e12f9fc4369946efd9af1ddf9ec5a.jpeg

Edited by C1erArt
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, C1erArt said:

Couple of hours this morning at Frost. 33 when I got there, 37 when I left. Most of the time on east mountain. Still a long ways to get Floyd’s open, but they are trying. Exhibition open. They widened the bottom headwall of River Shot by pushing snow off to the right. Slopes are in great shape, very firm with a little soft stuff on top. Nothing off piste. Holding up well when I left. Top speed almost 15 mph faster than yesterday at that other mountain. Started not having an empty slope in front of me about 11. 
First trips on new east mountain lift. Still as slow as before. Not running Tbolt lift weekdays. 

Thanks for the update re Floyd's, RShot and glades. Better info than available on their site for sure. Might hit it for some turns tomorrow as limited time to ski this weekend.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, C1erArt said:

How fast was your top speed today?  Crazy that razors opened before Floyd’s. 

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

How fast was your top speed today?  Crazy that razors opened before Floyd’s. 

50.7 going down the final drop of Rivershot. Long flat runout afterwards. They don’t have the race pressure to open Floyd’s. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ski2Live Live2Ski said:

Thanks for the update re Floyd's, RShot and glades. Better info than available on their site for sure. Might hit it for some turns tomorrow as limited time to ski this weekend.

All slopes were very carveable all morning, probably until closing. Be out tomorrow afternoon with the DW, hopefully. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, C1erArt said:

Another nice morning at Frost. About 33 and light snow when I got there. 

Sad remains of elevator glade. 
IMG_8146.thumb.jpeg.11678f3044baae0f58edca1c74722ce8.jpeg

Floyds

IMG_8147.thumb.jpeg.9ad8de10e19746316deb6ba7384fd4dc.jpeg

is everything else open on the west side?  i really thought they would have more open on EM than just Rivershot.  Its kind of a lot of bullshit for that one trail.  

24 minutes ago, JFskiDan said:

is everything else open on the west side?  i really thought they would have more open on EM than just Rivershot.  Its kind of a lot of bullshit for that one trail.  

Just Rivershot. Solitude, Telstar and Floyd’s still closed.