Broken Ski Lift at Camelback on Powder Day 2024

saltyant

Posted (edited)

Camelback responded to yesterday: "Due to all of the snow we did have delayed openings for lifts. We are working on getting more terrain and more lifts open as soon as possible."

Is it typical that snow makes lifts stop working? Never heard this one before!

Camelback's social media is not getting any flak like Blue's is. I guess Blue was way worse or Camelback's clientele are just totally ok with spending $100 to stand in long lines all day and look at closed lifts.

Edited by saltyant

11 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Camelback responded to yesterday: "Due to all of the snow we did have delayed openings for lifts. We are working on getting more terrain and more lifts open as soon as possible."

Camelback's social media is not getting any flak like Blue's is. I guess Blue was way worse or Camelback's clientele are just totally ok with spending $100 to stand in long lines all day and look at closed lifts.

Skiology Matt said we had freezing rain in the middle of the snow storm which was probably the delay for the Comet Quad as well.

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Because everyone craps on Camelback already. When they pull this everyone expects it and shrugs their shoulders. People hold Blue to higher standards. Part of the paradox of low expectations, you start getting away with screwing up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

I emailed Camelback feedback to air my grievances and they offered me a free pass, so I'll give it to my snowboarding brah who helped me with a project over the summer. I don't really want anything other than for them to do better, but it will be rad skiing with a grate pal at Camelback.

Edited by saltyant

13 minutes ago, saltyant said:

I emailed Camelback feedback to air my grievances and they offered me a free pass, so I'll give it to my snowboarding brah who helped me with a project over the summer. I don't really want anything other than for them to do better, but it will be rad skiing with a grate pal at Camelback.

Nice work Karen!!!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Nice work Karen!!!

Thanks! I couldn't have done it without the hard work of all the thousands of Jersey folks who shoveled their driveways at 430 am like me and flooded CB. The customer service rep said I can email him anytime I have a grievance. I don't usually complain about anything but yesterday was just too much 

33 minutes ago, AirheadD8 said:

I think “Colin “ should replace Karen after all you don’t want to miss gender anyone 😁🙃

@saltyant would be one ugly chick but I’ve always been down with the LGBT+FurryFucker community. Im tolerant of all the freaks. Also Disney+

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Thanks! I couldn't have done it without the hard work of all the thousands of Jersey folks who shoveled their driveways at 430 am like me and flooded CB. The customer service rep said I can email him anytime I have a grievance. I don't usually complain about anything but yesterday was just too much 

You’re welcome and anytime. 

58 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant would be one ugly chick but I’ve always been down with the LGBT+FurryFucker community. Im tolerant of all the freaks. Also Disney+

I have a “Colin” bias, I don’t get stiffed by customers too often but Colin got me for $2,700.00 

Karma caught up with him though, his drug dealer fronted him a bunch of product. He got busted and couldn’t pay him back. Apparently he’s still in the run . 

4 hours ago, saltyant said:

I forgot to examine the Ponds because I was too busy thinking up complaints to email Camelback about. 

@DiMe did the ponds look full at Camelback??

Yes the bumper boat pond was full but the other 2 ponds are not visible from the slopes or lifts.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Remember when Blue and camelback had big dawg booters..Oz was telling me next week is gonna be real cold..I think a lot of new terrain will be open…

Im pretty sure Camelback still does since they still host the USASA or whatever regional grom freestyle competition.  They just build it later in the season.  There's some massive whales on Rhodo.   

I know Blue the True wants to build them on Dreamweaver again but the seasons have not allowed them to hammer that trail hard enough to build the big boy park.  Hopefully we get it this year.  Im expecting with next weekends 24 hour snowmaking windows Come Around park will get built sooner than later.  Then they will prioritize opening 100% of the trails before focusing on building out Dreamweaver if the weather lets them.

Im more of a rail rat these days.  Less consequential once you learn how to bail on them vs coming up short on a big money booter.

20 minutes ago, DiMe said:

Im pretty sure Camelback still does since they still host the USASA or whatever regional grom freestyle competition.  They just build it later in the season.  There's some massive whales on Rhodo.   

I know Blue the True wants to build them on Dreamweaver again but the seasons have not allowed them to hammer that trail hard enough to build the big boy park.  Hopefully we get it this year.  Im expecting with next weekends 24 hour snowmaking windows Come Around park will get built sooner than later.  Then they will prioritize opening 100% of the trails before focusing on building out Dreamweaver if the weather lets them.

Im more of a rail rat these days.  Less consequential once you learn how to bail on them vs coming up short on a big money booter.

Big money. No whammies. 

29 minutes ago, DiMe said:

I’m hoping they just leave dreamweaver as a regular trail. Y’all can have come around, barbs way, Central Park and Yeti 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

I’m hoping they just leave dreamweaver as a regular trail. Y’all can have come around, barbs way, Central Park and Yeti 

They will like last year if they cant make the snow for the build.  But hoping for that is also hoping for another year not reach 100% open trails.

Let us park rats have our top to bottom park.  We dont mind if you zip through unlike the racers completely taking trails from us for hours a day.

Edited by DiMe

11 hours ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Take it to the Blue Mountain ski hill station thread.

1 hour ago, saltyant said:

@DiMe I love Camelback now!!

NEW TRAILS ALERT! We are adding Upper Moore's Ramble and Rhododendron Glen to the trail count. Today is January 12th and we will be open from 9AM-9PM with 15 trails and 4 lifts running.

What's with the 'we'? You work at CB now?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

27 minutes ago, mute1080 said:

What's with the 'we'? You work at CB now?

Oh wow, I just copied and pasted that from their social media website. TFTI

Although I'm now an official member of the "Camelback Mountain Skiers and Riders" Facebook private exclusive group which has 1.8K members, so I've got that going for me which is nice.

Edited by saltyant
  • Confused 1