Broken Ski Lift at Camelback on Powder Day 2024

saltyant

Did everyone download the Camelback app?? Blue Mountain doesn't have an app. This is radical! The app gives gapers I mean "Pros" some tips on how to navigate around the resort to get from their New York City condos to the perder. I'll be long long gone before they arrive thanks to being a VIP with First Traax.

Edited by saltyant
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, enjoralas said:

Better Rhododendren Glen than Pharoah to Bactrian though

Correct. I've just written off Pharaoh mentally for the last several years, would be nice to ski it again if they put the terrain park junk elsewhere. Sorry to be a terrain park hater Dime, but my skis don't leave the ground like my brother Atomic Skier.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Correct. I've just written off Pharaoh mentally for the last several years, would be nice to ski it again if they put the terrain park junk elsewhere. Sorry to be a terrain park hater Dime, but my skis don't leave the ground like my brother Atomic Skier.

Pharoah and Bactrian are not marked as terrain parks on the online map this year. 

I wonder if Cliffhanger is in play to open? I think that's what you can see from the tubing cam. I know they blew on it this year, and it looks like it has snow on the cam. For sure that can be decieving though

• Boner City 1

3 hours ago, saltyant said:

Camelback is teasing some new terrain. Will the real Nile Mile please stand up? Please stand up? We await with baited breath @DiMe

Dude with a shovel doing what looks like prep work at the indoor waterpark lift on the Nile Mile cam. Probably run it tomorrow?

6 hours ago, saltyant said:

Did everyone download the Camelback app?? Blue Mountain doesn't have an app. This is radical! The app gives gapers I mean "Pros" some tips on how to navigate around the resort to get from their New York City condos to the perder. I'll be long long gone before they arrive thanks to being a VIP with First Traax.

What's even more radical is that Camelback has girls in bikinis any day you want them. You just have to ski to the express on the far end and then walk the long corridor to the surfing area. Best resort in Poconos!

• Boner City 2

3 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Does it seem like a lot of camelback season passholders added on the Blue option??

Idk. We can take a poll but I don't think there are any Camelback season passholders on this site. This forum is loyal to Blue true and true. We bleed Blue, Blue and only Blue. Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light over Blue the True. Kmarts Blue light special got nothing on Blue!!!

14 minutes ago, saltyant said:

Idk. We can take a poll but I don't think there are any Camelback season passholders on this site. This forum is loyal to Blue true and true. We bleed Blue, Blue and only Blue. Oh say can you see, by the dawn's early light over Blue the True. Kmarts Blue light special got nothing on Blue!!!

@saltyant aren’t you talking to people on the lifts at camelback…I heard alot of them don’t speak English but gotta be some people to chat with to get a vibe of what’s going on.  Have you checked out the cigar lounge, I think they have chocolate milk on draft served in a frosted mug. 

9 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

@saltyant aren’t you talking to people on the lifts at camelback…I heard alot of them don’t speak English but gotta be some people to chat with to get a vibe of what’s going on.  Have you checked out the cigar lounge, I think they have chocolate milk on draft served in a frosted mug. 

No, I just like to listen to music on the lift. Though I found a lot of people to complain to last weekend. One guy said "hey yo" in the lodge once I was changed into my street clothes. I was all like do I know you? He remembered me from the slopes. I was like "was I complaining?". "Yup" "ok that was me" 👍

26 minutes ago, saltyant said:

No, I just like to listen to music on the lift. Though I found a lot of people to complain to last weekend. One guy said "hey yo" in the lodge once I was changed into my street clothes. I was all like do I know you? He remembered me from the slopes. I was like "was I complaining?". "Yup" "ok that was me" 👍

Why did you change into street clothes?  Do you have a locker at camelback?

30 minutes ago, GrilledSteezeSandwich said:

Why did you change into street clothes?  Do you have a locker at camelback?

I went to the Pocono Outlet stores after Camelback for a pretzel and didn't want to look like a geek walking around in ski gear (though I had my furry hat on).