Arizona Snowbowl 2024

RidgeRacer

Arrived in flag around 12am local time. Ride up was smooth as always with a pit stop a del taco for a burrito (side note…del taco has the best fries. Sounds crazy but it’s true. They’re crinkle cut). Anyway…Since snowbowl road is a pain in the ass I asked the rental car place for awd and they gave me a pretty cool jeep gladiator.  No new snow today but sunny skies and highs in the 30s. Should be awesome. Stoke levels are a 10 out of 10.

• Like 9

20 minutes ago, toast21602 said:

Always enjoy the pics from out there! Looks great. Enjoy that snow tomorrow 😍

Thanks man. I’m not 100% sure what it is but I just really enjoy being out here. Snowbowl isn’t Utah, Jackson or a lot of CO. But I enjoy skiing here as much as anywhere. I like the terrain, layout, look and feel of the mountain and the scenery is up there with anything I’ve been. It isn’t 2000 plus acres, cliffs, pucker up steeps or anything like that but it is enough; and Flagstaff isn’t pretentious…just down to earth people who enjoy being outside (with a lot of good eats). Maybe it’s just the older I get the less I feel the need to venture out of my comfort zone. I think I just like being comfortable. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Taking a break but wow the fog is thick ... especially up top. Lightens up around 9k or so. Snow however is still excellent on piste. Tried to ski the gondi run but it was roped off. Lower bowl just reminded me how out of shape I am however. Low vis means more turns means I'm freaking tired. So an early lunch it is. Hoping the fog lifts a bit before going back out

IMG_20240201_094012_HDR~3.jpg

IMG_20240201_102443~2.jpg

IMG_20240201_093027_HDR~2.jpg

IMG_20240201_093829_HDR~2.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Taking a break but wow the fog is thick ... especially up top. Lightens up around 9k or so. Snow however is still excellent on piste. Tried to ski the gondi run but it was roped off. Lower bowl just reminded me how out of shape I am however. Low vis means more turns means I'm freaking tired. So an early lunch it is. Hoping the fog lifts a bit before going back out

Geez! Seems like fog is the word for the season this year.
Can't seem to escape it no matter where ya go!

Edited by indiggio
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RidgeRacer said:

Gondi line to north rim glades is open and it's really freaking good. Snow is softer in that area due to what I'm guessing is a lack of sun bake. Ran that twice. Legs are screaming. Still foggy but a stellar day regardless

Good to hit the trees when it's foggy, so long as the snow is good.

2 hours ago, RidgeRacer said:

The mountain is reporting 7 inches. 

Sweet..how was the drive up to the hill?  I was looking for you on the webcams but don’t know if you start on the gondola or a different lift.  Enjoy the freshies!!

Also did you really get lost in the woods yesterday or just a figure of speech?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Drive up was spicy but it it in 4l so all good. AWD or chains required and they had people actually checking cars before letting them through... I'm not starting at the gondi because I heard there may be a wind hold so starting at the Grand canyon Express today. I'll be there in about 10 minutes if you want to check that cam. Will wave to you!

I wasn't lost per se. The glades off of spur are seemingly endless so it kinda felt that way.

7 inches easy and still falling. Today is gonna be good!

• Like 7
  • Boner City 1

Today was so so good. Rode off of the Grand Canyon express all day because the gondola lines were insane. Ended up with 3rd chair this morning. Most people went right towards lower ridge. Others went left towards logjam but only a few went rode under the gondola so that’s where I went. It’s not a marked trail map but it’s easily one of my favorite runs there. Needless to say it was plenty untouched and of course plenty good. Mostly everything got tracked after about an hour but still stashes to find until calling it quits. Pulled a gaper move and broke out the phone for some video. It’s not good but whatever

• Like 5
  • Love 1