Blue mountains ski shop SPLIT FROM Blue Updates

snorovr

I advise any serious skier or boarder to steer clear of Blue Mountain Rental Shop's "Tune Up Specials." Last year I attempted to take advantage of such deals, and ended up having my gear destroyed. In all fairness they didn't destroy the skis that were worth $150, they only destroyed the brand new $650 ones. Just a friendly warning from an extremely dissatisfied customer. Happy Shopping!

Snow is in the forecast...

Camelback's service / repair shop has always done a great job on my board. I tried it myself the first time, it was fun 'cos it was new, but the novelty soon wore off any my wife was mighty upset by the wax in the carpet... :(

After taking it to the shop once, I wouldn't bother doing it myself again.

It's sad to hear bad things about Blue's shop, I really like the general atmosphere and the runs and Blue.

I like the guys in the CB shop for stuff I can't do myself (mostly that stone grind once a year). And if I needed bindings mountained (and I had to drill into the ski to do it) I would bring them there.

Mark Bowers was the best, but he had a kid, and took a nasty fall, requiring surgery on his wrist, which took him out for most of the season.

Tom will be around as far as I know, and hes a nice guy too!

Yeah I now tune my own stuff, and if it needs serious attention I take it to a reputable shop that I trust will make things right if something happens during the tuneup/repair process, usually Nestors. Blue wrote me a check for the destroyed skis, but since those skis were a pain to get in the first place, and unfortunately were no longer available from the company, this really didn't do anything for me. When I went back to the rental shop later in the day to ask to speak to a high level manager about how dissatisfied I was, I was met with sarcastic replies of "you don't want to do that." When I insisted that I did want to speak with someone, I was forced to wait 30+ minutes for the higher level manager, who promptly told me that if I did not exit the shop he would call the cops. If I had been the only one this had ever happened to, maybe I would call it bad karma and forget about it, but after I told the story to people, I heard time and time again of Blue Mountain rental shop follies. Blue just tries to rush the job, and when it was all said and done, I was told that the tech that worked on those skis did not have the proper training and that is why the skis were destroyed. I would have gladly waited a week and had it done right. Glad to hear that other mountains have somewhat decent shops, just remember to steer clear of Blue's!

Rob will tell you its a good idea to get to know a shop, I will tell you its a very good idea to get to know some people in a repair shop...As soon as they like you, they will take more time on your stuff, and uhh your costs will go down mostly ;)

Rob will tell you its a good idea to get to know a shop, I will tell you its a very good idea to get to know some people in a repair shop...As soon as they like you, they will take more time on your stuff, and uhh your costs will go down mostly ;)

good point.. i know some people at the loft therefor got a little d-count on my new burton dominant which saved me 40 bucks..

but getting to know the people there maybe even if you rode with them at the local mtn here or there they tend to treat you better then just an average customer.. obviously haha

i used to work in blue's rental shop when i was younger, and saw first hand exactly what happened to trevor. the manager will totally go off on people for no reason, but thats what happens when you spend more time at the bar than actually managing the shop...

Brad, at the loft, actually damaged my GS:9s. I had them stone ground, and he took off way too much in a 5 inch section of my base, where the edge gets really low. My advice, do all your tuning yourself. You won't run into any problems then. :)

My first post :lol

Anyway I thought I'd put in my $0.02. I also dont let anyone touch my equipment unless its absolutly nessasary. And when theres something I cant/wont do (like mount bindings) I ship all my stuff to NH to the ski shop I know/trust and buy everything from to do the work. There far away but cheaper and the service and knowledge the staff has is so much farther above and beyond my local shop (buckman's) And I also like that the sales people are the ones who do the work on your equipment. Anyway.. yeah.. My vote is for doing it your self.

Brad, at the loft, actually damaged my GS:9s. I had them stone ground, and he took off way too much in a 5 inch section of my base, where the edge gets really low. My advice, do all your tuning yourself. You won't run into any problems then. :)

BRAD did this? He was supposed to walk on water! We frequently used him, until Mark started giving siblet free tunes. I've heard stories of wonders that Brad has performed on equipment. Did he admit he was the one that did it, etc.?

For whoever is coming out this weekend to Bear Creek. Ask to see their tuning shop. Brand new state of the art grinder. Digitally it can select a dozen or more patterns. The whole pattern thing is too technical for me and I think it applies more to west coast suction issues.. But I thought it was interesting and unique enough for our area to mention.

did they get like the 30 foot long wintersteiger at bear? if so, thats the same one we use at nestors qtown, i am pretty sure it has all those different base structure settings, but not positive. all of our techs have been doing a really good job this year, putting out some of the best looking tunes i have ever seen.

BRAD did this? He was supposed to walk on water! We frequently used him, until Mark started giving siblet free tunes. I've heard stories of wonders that Brad has performed on equipment. Did he admit he was the one that did it, etc.?

I have heard how good Brad is with boots, haven't heard much about him doing skis tho. But I also wonder if he did them himself.

Hopefully Mark will be back this year :)

WAIT! I know! This happened to Atomic, right? It's probably like those people who pissed off the software support guy in Jurassic Park, so he decided to show them a thing or two. Maybe Atomic did his "I own a beemer and my dad has a private jet" thing to him. That HAD to be it.