opening

tyler franks

as far as i know i think its only supposed to start getting cold on saturday so it will be pretty sweet if they were able to make enough snow to open a couple slopes... hopefully they'll put some of the awesome rails up like the dfd and the 40 footers.

Hmm, Monday can get there by 4, Tuesday I can get there by 2, Wednesday can't go, Thursday to Sunday free all day. I love end of the semester,

I think I'll go up Tuesday if they're open, if they aren't open by then, Thursday to Sunday expect to see my face at least once or twice, although I want to get to the Mountain Creek opening day too and thats like the 8th.

You know they will have at least a few jibs up on opening day so, should be worth it to shake out the rust.

Snowmaking:

Bear Creek Makes snow at every opportunity to ensure the best experience that mother nature allows! With 94 guns, including 25 new automated snowguns, Bear Creek Mountain Resort has more snowmaking per acre than any other ski area in the region!

Snowmaking conditions are dependent on temperature and humidity. The combination of these two factors contributes to the Wet Bulb Temperature, which is the lowest temperature that can be obtained by evaporating water into the air. To make quality snow, the Wet Bulb Temperature needs to be 28

Question for all you snowmakers...

What does the temp., and weather need to be for snowmaking to take place?

Can they blow snow at only 32?

Can it be cloudy?

Can they blow snow if it is snowing already?

Thanks All!

http://www.snowathome.com/pdf/wet_bulb_chart_fahrenheit.pdf

refer to this chart it will tell you if you can make snow or not, and how good it will be.