Nice things about Camelback

cameltoe

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The repair / service shop is excellent, always do a great job on my boards and have helped out with a few breakages.

Crap.... how could I forget Mark and the shop crew there.. yeah, always consistent and does very good work. While the rates are premium so is his work. Matter of fact, he is the only person in the pocono region that I trust to do work on our skis.

The soups in the cafeteria are top-notch.

The beef stroganoff I had last saturday was satisfying.

I like the fact that at least two of their parking lots are paved.

I like the fact that the tubing park is seperated from the ski slopes and that they didn't decrease ski terrain to put in the tubing.

The view from the top of the Stephenson Lift at night is pretty nice.

Blue used to be my favorite PA mountain for years since they had bumps and it was one of the closest places for me to go. They used to have $10 skiing on Sundays and I would park at the Saddle lodge and be able to ski down on the last run and not have to take the lift up at the end of the night. The only thing I didn't like was the lifts seemed slow. Camelback has grown on me and now that they are finally letting some trails get bumped up I am loving it. I just wish the bar would stay open later. :cheers:

I never said I don't find a spot up close. It's the principal of allowing employees to park in the premium spots that gets me. I could understand it if it was an office building not open to the public. I think that if they are going to allow it that they should designate, Rangers, patrol, instructors, lifties, etc etc. because in all fairness that is what it is.

I mean if they want to really do something nice for the employees why not have employee of the month parking spots....

of all the tings to complain about, this takes the cake. Ive got news for you... Your precious JFBB allows employees to park wherever they want as well. I know this because i have worked there for many years. Years ago (before my time) the entire shelf at JF (which is the closest parking) was RESERVED for employees. Its a common courtesy for a company to provide employees with a parking spot where they dont have to walk 20 miles to get to work. Everywhere I have ever worked has done this (either has allowed you to park anywhere or had a reserved staff lot up up front)

Jordan

Edited by jordan

I mean if they want to really do something nice for the employees why not have employee of the month parking spots....

Maybe they should have a douchenozzle of the month spot for you down at the outlet shops off of 80 and make you walk from there.

:postwhore:deadhorse::hater::screwy:thumbdown:no:crymore::fu

I've got one. CB pays me to ski! (go ahead, try to top that)

Check and mate. :rofl

Ive got news for you... Your precious JFBB allows employees to park wherever they want as well. I know this because i have worked there for many years.

Really? you know that for a fact this year do you?

I like how the Rangers keep everyone safe by slowing them down.

Edited by Papasteeze

The decks in front of the lodge are nice. Plenty of tables; a great place on a sunny day to catch the sights. Best of all, it's first come, first served . . . no reserved tables.

Having skied there occasionally over the last 25 or 30 years, I'd agree with this.

Camelback has the best trail in the poconos: Big Pocono Run. :yes Wish they'd make snow and open the fugger.

Actually the best overall trail is Dromedary, just off of Big Pocono Run. It's out of the way, never crowded and it has a nice feel, but its so short. It was also the last trail at CB to get lights.

Actually the best overall trail is Dromedary, just off of Big Pocono Run. It's out of the way, never crowded and it has a nice feel, but its so short. It was also the last trail at CB to get lights.

Nice feel? It's a right turn then a blind trail merge.

Well its about time camelback got some nice words! For being the best overall resort in our area, you guys don't cut them much slack. They might not have the best parks or best personel, but overall they have the best customer experience, terrain, trail layout, lift layout, and grooming. You might not agree with me on the finer points, but camelback is a great mountain.

Well its about time camelback got some nice words! For being the best overall resort in our area, you guys don't cut them much slack. They might not have the best parks or best personel, but overall they have the best customer experience, terrain, trail layout, lift layout, and grooming. You might not agree with me on the finer points, but camelback is a great mountain.

:banghead

you should think twice about saying CB has the best customer experience. They treat their passholders like shit. If you want anotherr example of poor customer relations, check out one of ski's threads, where a CB employee calls him out as a liar.

:banghead

you should think twice about saying CB has the best customer experience. They treat their passholders like shit. If you want anotherr example of poor customer relations, check out one of ski's threads, where a CB employee calls him out as a liar.

So this shows how narrow minded one can be. One persons bad experience results in bad customer service? Give me a break.

And please explian how they treat their passholders like shit. Keep in mind that pass you have entitles you to unlimited lift rides.

As far as I can see there is nothing else attached to the season passes. If I call you a liar in this thread would it result in a bad experience with this thread.....gimme a break. Thats why I started this thread. People who have had a nice experience have a place to put it. Notice how the nice things that people say are all encompassing. Not like those of you who harp on the one bad experience. Or the fact that you need to beat the dead horse.

Regarding customer service...

The lifties are pleasant if you wake them up out of their moron induced coma. They have to deal with so many idiots, I don't blame them for being it foul moods. CB has to stop their lift because people who can't get on/off at least 4 times as much (being extremely generous) as any other resort that I have ridden at. There isn't really an excuse for that attitude that I get from about 30% of the other staff.

There are some really great people that work at CB but it's like they can't hire enough good people so they let a bunch of miserable people deal with customers as well. Guest services has NEVER been a pleasant experience for me. Luckily I only deal with them when getting my season pass and once every blue moon for some other random reason. I've had good and bad experiences with the rangers, park crew, the people that drive the snowmobiles around on the mountain during operation (I can't remember if it's snow makers or ski patrol or both), food workers, security, and instructors. I don't buy lift tickets so I don't know what the ticket window people are like.

Unfortunately if you have a full day there you are bound to run into one of the "bad" employees. I'd say if every time you visit a mountain you are left with a bad taste in your mouth because of one of the employees, then yes they have bad customer service. It's not all the employees, and it's not even most of them, but ALL employees represent the mountain.

• I like the bartenders and the music. good place to relax after a bit of unwinding on the slopes
  • I like the snow - i think generally speaking the quality of the snow is well kept - i do wish they would groom a little at the end of the day before the night crowd
  • I love cliffhanger it is a great trail
  • I like the speed of the lifts - but hate the crowds
  • I like the hidden lifts that you can get on when the crowds get to be too much to handle
  • I like to ride the quads in the morning until the crowd starts to build then the hidden lifts until the crowd on the slopes gets to me then it is time to go - but by then i have gotten in as many runs as most peoples whole day
  • I like the raceway it is a great run to open up on
  • I like that it is close
  • I like to park close but if i can't - oh well - i only walk to and from the car when i get there and when i leave thats not enough for me to get excited over
  • i love the varied terrain