'Dude vs. Former US Ski Teamer

Ski

Where's the trip report on this? Yesterday, our own little 'Dude raced in the NASTAR Regional Pacesetting Trials at Bear Creek and came within 1.25 seconds of knocking off former Olympian and USSTer AJ Kitt.

C'mon, 'Dude, 37 of the top racers in the area get together and you finish fourth, but we don't get to hear about it?

Twas a fun day.

First two runs were in softer snow. Then we slipped, went in for lunch, and came back out and skied the same course for 3 more runs. In the afternoon it was better because it was hardpack, not soft snow.

It was on BC's new Nastar hill, which is one trail to the skiers left of where it was last year. Its much wider, and they will be running duals this year. Running from the same start as last year, but going down almost to the lift, so the run was about 27-28 second par time...Pretty flippin long for Nastar.

On my last run I punched a flag while I was skating, which screwed up my focus, but the course was still holding up pretty nice (pushing about 200 runs).

Mike Snyder, a Camelback coach finished about .3 seconds before me, with the top time (I'm not counting AJ Kitt, cause no one knows how he went so fast ;))

Deffinatly a good day :)

BC race crew did a great job setting up the course and running it, and Nastar/BC had a nice reception for everyone after the race (FREE BEER)...for those who were old enough...lol

Congrats dude! Two surprises, I didn't know you were racing in the NASTAR Regional Pacesetting Trials. Does this mean that you will pacesetting at CB this year? Pretty cool stuff.

:yes

When I'm around..Which won't be this weekend (out at Tussey) But whenever I'm around I'll probably be the one doing it...

Mike Snyder, a Camelback coach finished about .3 seconds before me,

First of all, congratulations, skidude!!!!

Second of all, is this the same Mike Snyder who never showed up to practice and half the time forgot to come to races??????? Who forgot his ski lock combination and we had to get the cable clipped so he could make the race at Blue? Un-*%&^%&-believable!

First of all, congratulations, skidude!!!!

Second of all, is this the same Mike Snyder who never showed up to practice and half the time forgot to come to races??????? Who forgot his ski lock combination and we had to get the cable clipped so he could make the race at Blue? Un-*%&^%&-believable!

He coached last year. He is pretty chill now.

I know coaches that have forgoten to show up at races...lol