Rail Jam 4/13/07

Ashleigh S

Just announced- Camelback will be hosting a Rail Jam in conjunction with Slide Ink, The Mid-Atlantic Snowboard Series and The Loft on Friday April 13, 2007. It will be held from 5:00pm-8:00pm on the Sunbowl, jam format with cash prizes for the top male and top female. We will have a DJ and a BBQ on the Sunbowl Lodge deck. Registration is only $5.00 (all competitors will need to sign a release form and those under 18 will need a parent present). We have a poll set up on our website to determine which rails and boxes will be used- check out http://www.skicamelback.com/springevents.php to cast your vote! Hope to see you all there!

Why cant Blue Mountain do something like this?

I guess they are just all about the money to even think about doing something they wont make much money on.

Camelback will have skiing after blue is closed....interesting how the tables have turned... ;)

I guess they are just all about the money to even think about doing something they wont make much money on.

Camelback will have skiing after blue is closed....interesting how the tables have turned... ;)

Blue has had a 3+ week longer season this year.

Shouldn't you be studying Calc?

Blue has had a 3+ week longer season this year.

Back on subject blue sluts...

so yeah, CB.. wanna make a sick event, then put out a looooooooong flat rail - you have one. we might try and make it up in time.

Curious, where would you set this up at? What kind of in-run?

Back on subject blue sluts...

so yeah, CB.. wanna make a sick event, then put out a looooooooong flat rail - you have one. we might try and make it up in time.

Curious, where would you set this up at? What kind of in-run?

main website says sun bowl

oh, and blue still sucks for not offering a post season rail jam. *Someone* just doesent give a shit about their loyal customers. :rolleyes:

are they going to use that 40ft flat rail that is bent as fuck because they hit it with groomers? i hope so. thats something that camelback would do. anybody know how conditions were this weekend???

That hasn't been out at all this year. I don't even think it was on the snow last year... but I could be wrong.

I'm also wondering how conditions are at Camelback and if they let Cliffhanger bump up...I remember that they were trying to stay open until April.. :tinfoil:

so why isnt blue having a mid april rail jam? what the hell is wrong with that mountain?

oh, and blue still sucks for not offering a post season rail jam. *Someone* just doesent give a shit about their loyal customers. :rolleyes:

Well, they never said anything about not having one.....

anybody know how conditions were this weekend???

Anybody Care?

.I remember that they were trying to stay open until April.. :tinfoil:

Funny, i heard they were closing saturday...

so why isnt blue having a mid april rail jam? what the hell is wrong with that mountain?

where did you hear about blue not having a rail jam?

A few updates in the details for the Rail Jam on Friday the 13th:

Registration for the event will be 4:00-5:00pm at the Glen Lodge ($5.00 registration fee and all participants must sign a release form, anyone under 18 will need a parent/guardian present to sign for them). The Rail Jam will be from 5:00-8:00pm. The event has been moved from the Sunbowl to where lower Nile and Cliffhanger meet, and the BBQ will be at the base of the Stevenson.

You can vote online for which rails will be used up until Wednesday April 11th at http://www.skicamelback.com/springevents.php. There will 2 flat box rails, a 40 foot flat rail, plus one of the following (based on the results of the online poll):

Flat - Down - Flat Rail

Flat to Down Rail

Battleship Rail

C-Bow Box

Flat to Down Box

Much better choices Ash! That steeper section at the Stevenson lift should be next perfect for a decent in-run. The 40' rail will separate a lot of people just spinning on and over the boxes.

My vote would be for the up flat down "battleship" rail.

put the flat rail out . none of the circus mumbo jumbo :nono

well if you can read haha it was just stated that there WILL be 2 flat boxes and the 40ft flat rail.. and then the other option would be the winner of the polls

its def gonna be fun.. and i like the location im gonna have to wax up the dominant or else i wont be moving at all on the snow, the last day when i was at BB with 60 degree weather and wet snow, i could barely make it down the trail without stopping let alone have enough speed to grease a rail or 2

• 2 weeks later...

Over 90 skiers and riders showed up to compete in our Friday the 13th Rail Jam!

Congratulations to all of the winners:

Snowboard Age 12+:

1. Jon Salansky

2. Marc Iannazzo

3. Trip Brown

Snowboard Age 12 and Under:

1. TJ Prinzo

2. Tom Simpson

3. Austin Lamoreaux

Skiers:

1. Ben Faturos

2. Brendan Trieb

3. Sean Jordan

Female:

1. Katie Laurenson

2. Lexi Sinor

3. Christine Shurilla

Quarter Pipe:

Anthony Cardoni

We have some pictures from the comp posted on our website http://gallery.skicamelback.com/gallery/al....php?cat_id=114

Thanks again to everyone who came out!