next years park ideas

Kyle

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just because its not pronounced in an american way makes it wrong? no one may take them seriously but theyre not the ones in a war. and when it comes to situations that really matter like being green and saving the planet (all the things most americans dont care about) theyre the ones i take most seriously.

its fun but after a while you realize you can't just sit around smoking pot your whole life.its funny how your busting on me for sterotyping when your doing the same exact thing
i know what im doing haha

on the way back from boston we drove through a state park...

car in front of us chucks a cig out the window, in a state park.

on the back of the car, guess what was on there haha.

im not even arguing anymore i just thought this was hilarious in a pretty appalling way. it also somewhat proved everything about the stereotypical american.

trevor summed it up nicely.

Edited by DanSobey

canada isnt a better country or anything, this is the best country in the world. hence the reason i said thank god this isnt canadia. and if you disagree just leave the country, there are plenty of mexicans and shit that would trade in a heartbeat.

ps.- being a local is awesome. god damn weekend warriors.

Edited by poop

IMO - I'm not a park person but what Boulder did last year by expanding the park scene (the Park Logic thing aside) breathed new life into the place. Prior to last season Boulder opened up late and closed real early and the place was kind of forgotten about. I think they had no choice but to give Boulder some sort of niche that could bring business back to the place. And I never saw more hype surrounding Boulder than I did last year. It's perfect for a park set up so why not. I'm not saying all park is the way to go either because yes all park would probably do more harm than good, but park oriented, like Echo Mt., may just help the place survive. For me, as long as they leave JF remain a free skiing area, I'm happy.

canada isnt a better country or anything, this is the best country in the world. hence the reason i said thank god this isnt canadia. and if you disagree just leave the country, there are plenty of mexicans and shit that would trade in a heartbeat.

ps.- being a local is awesome. god damn weekend warriors.

if i had the means to up and move to canada, i would in a heartbeat.

• 2 weeks later...
Not really disagreeing with you at all. I am of the persuasion that not everything needs to be an argument. Basically just putting an example out there of a mountain whose customer base is basically park rats and really has to be due to their location. The people who are spending the money on hotels, rentals, restaurants and the like are not going to go to a place 40 minutes from Denver, they'll be at Vail or Aspen. This mountain seeks to attract the kids from Denver who might have other wise been driving every weekend to the bigger resorts. They have created a culture and I bet there are a lot of people who would rather just hang out there when they ride if it isn't dumping.

Yes I did see the "we include everyone" type notes on the site, but through press I have read and seen and just the vibe of the Web site, it is pretty obvious what the goals of Echo are and who they intend to market to.

I don't agree or disagree with your opinion that an all park mountain could not be successful, I think it is something that might be tried, and truely depends upon what the definition of "all park" is.

wow, there really are sophisticated, level headed people on here... huh