next years park ideas

Kyle

it would be cool to set up an angled c box/rail on the top of the halfpipe so you would like come up the wall grind across the c box/rail then go back into the halfpiipe. if you didn't make it all the way across you would be screwed though

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

putting jibs on the pipe walls were the origonal idea for the pipe because there was not enough vert, but after huf thought about it they realized ruts would form to easily going in and out of the feature and that it would be to hard to keep in good condition

next year i would like to see a wider variety of rails and some more booters and some ppl not scared shitless of them so i have someone to ride wit

The "BB all Park JF all free ride" idea has problems both ways.

1) Night riders need some trails at BB to keep them happy

2) Day riders wouldn't get any park at JF, they would need some to keep them happy

If it were me:

Same amount of park features at BB, primarily BB park, Freedom Park, and Merry Widow, with some border cross type stuff and the plaza. This leaves some room for free riding, as well as some bunny hill area. Still primarily park. Widen up Merry widow a little more. Of the four big trails 2 (Mitt-weg & dauf-whatever) are non park, and 2 (BB Park & Merry widow) are park. That seems relatively fair. Then you have 2/3 bunny areas, and freedom park out to the riders left. On the skiers right you have the bunny schuss area which is half park half not because it is border cross. In my book that leaves BB 50% park 50% not.

At JF I would remove the easy/intro park from Janes Lane. That trail is too narrow and steep for an intro park. Plus intro features should primarily be hike-able. If you notice a lot of beginners sit, suck up the courage to hit something (which takes a WHILE) and tehn do it over and over. Thats why there where massive clogs on Janes Lane this year. If you put the easy/intro park up on Frosty - its out of the way and thats really all you need. What do you want to put in a begginer park anyway? A 10' double barrell flat rail, a 10' flat box, maybe a ride on battleship box/rail, and a 8 foot jump? That can fit in almost nothing - look as Mountrain Creek's vernon easy park, its barely the size of frosty and they had 3 rails, a jump, and a log topped mini quarter pipe this year, worked out perfectly.

Keep ONE park as is, and the rest of the mountain is free ride. That leaves JF as 20% park 80% not. That would keep everyone happy. It opens up a fun trail (Janes Lane) again, but still keeps the beginner element.

As for features themselves, I'm not going to comment because I stopped riding JFBB after I got hurt late January.

The "BB all Park JF all free ride" idea has problems both ways.

1) Night riders need some trails at BB to keep them happy

2) Day riders wouldn't get any park at JF, they would need some to keep them happy

That's been my argument all along. Ultimately, they will lose pass holders/ ticket sales from people who can only get out at night. I can live with keeping it the way it was this year. Don't mess with the trails that were free, this year. Once Sno Mt. gets all of their improvements done, that might very well be the place that I will go to....especially if I don't have a night option anymore.

• 1 month later...

fuck method guy about 50% park at boulder and that bullshit and of course papasteeze he can suck my left nut boulder should go more park this year but not completely cause its fun to make shit on ur own and find shit out but boulder will get revenue if they have a great park appeal and fuck sno mtn. and their gay ass commercials

fuck method guy about 50% park at boulder and that bullshit and of course papasteeze he can suck my left nut boulder should go more park this year but not completely cause its fun to make shit on ur own and find shit out but boulder will get revenue if they have a great park appeal and fuck sno mtn. and their gay ass commercials

i can tell youre a local...

If you have something to say, feel free to share it without attacking other members, and swearing every other word. You will get a lot more respect that way, and I won't have to ban you.

:)

i can tell youre a local...

hahahhaa wooooooot! big boulder vibe is in the house!

yeah, that basically proves that unless you roll up to boulder with a bunch of friends to ride with, as good as their park is, its just not fun dealing with the local crowd up there.

Eh, I found the crowd to be chiller at JFBB than Mountain Creek but thats kind of like comparing Newark to Somalia. Its funny to compare the vibe of all the kids around here who are so "hardcore" and "badass" and shit, but actually aren't that good, and then you go up to Tremblant or something, everyone is really nice, no one brags, and they're not that loud, and they kill it. So I just laugh at those kids now, even if they're better than me, there are thousands of guys better than them with half the noise that I actually respect.

i would love to see them actually go all out next year and make it an all park mountain first of all.. not wait another year or anything.. with it an all park mountain the possibilities are endless and features will be alot less crowded on weekends.. but the main thing would be trying to control the public who do not belong in the park because it is not only a danger to us (ppl who do park) but also a grave danger to theirselves

Going all park would be the death of them. Mountains need variety for the families. If Mom and Dad can't take 8 year old Billy on the beginner trails while big brother Bobby hits the park, they won't go there. They are not going to split the family between JF and BB. Families is where the money is. Lots of them spend more in 1 day than you pay for a season pass!

All park would also have a negative impact on the group business. Think about when mountains didn't allow snowboarding. They figured out real quick that they needed those dollars. Gotta have something for everybody.

:ph34r:

Going all park would be the death of them. Mountains need variety for the families. If Mom and Dad can't take 8 year old Billy on the beginner trails while big brother Bobby hits the park, they won't go there. They are not going to split the family between JF and BB. Families is where the money is. Lots of them spend more in 1 day than you pay for a season pass!

All park would also have a negative impact on the group business. Think about when mountains didn't allow snowboarding. They figured out real quick that they needed those dollars. Gotta have something for everybody.

Click here

Met with a ton of praise after their first season last year, not to mention just about more "free" press than I saw any other mountain get outside of the big corporate players like Whistler and Hood, Echo Mountain is far from dead. No they don't have a 10 or 20 year record of successful business yet, but everything I saw or heard about the mountain was positive. No they are not ALL park, and I do agree to a point that an all park mountain is a very difficult proposition, but their main focus is park and the park culture. Being thirty some miles from a major metropolitan area it does make sense for them to offer maybe a bunny hill and tow rope or something just for newbies to do a new activity on a Friday night or Saturday, but I believe that is the extent to which their family or newbie type programs go.

With an all park Big Boulder, there still would be lessons given to families and first timers, but the vibe of the mountain would be the all park vibe. I do think that this vibe is a marketable and profitable entity now, and I think that Echo and Boulder are pioneers of something that we're going to see a lot more of in the next ten years. There are hills all over the country that need to do something that sets them apart from either another hill just like them, or a much larger and better funded neighbor. Everything is able to be argued, and people still try to debate the permanence, profitability, liability, etc... of terrain parks and how much space they take up. However, with kids half my age that have way more skill and natural talent than I'll ever have, we should get used to it and either be a part of it or sit back and enjoy the show.

Click here

Met with a ton of praise after their first season last year, not to mention just about more "free" press than I saw any other mountain get outside of the big corporate players like Whistler and Hood, Echo Mountain is far from dead. No they don't have a 10 or 20 year record of successful business yet, but everything I saw or heard about the mountain was positive. No they are not ALL park, and I do agree to a point that an all park mountain is a very difficult proposition, but their main focus is park and the park culture. Being thirty some miles from a major metropolitan area it does make sense for them to offer maybe a bunny hill and tow rope or something just for newbies to do a new activity on a Friday night or Saturday, but I believe that is the extent to which their family or newbie type programs go.

With an all park Big Boulder, there still would be lessons given to families and first timers, but the vibe of the mountain would be the all park vibe. I do think that this vibe is a marketable and profitable entity now, and I think that Echo and Boulder are pioneers of something that we're going to see a lot more of in the next ten years. There are hills all over the country that need to do something that sets them apart from either another hill just like them, or a much larger and better funded neighbor. Everything is able to be argued, and people still try to debate the permanence, profitability, liability, etc... of terrain parks and how much space they take up. However, with kids half my age that have way more skill and natural talent than I'll ever have, we should get used to it and either be a part of it or sit back and enjoy the show.

I'm not sure if your disagreeing with me or not. Take a look at a few things from your link to the Echo site:

THE NEWEST

Celebrating our second year, Echo Mountain continues to innovate what skiing and riding is in Colorado. What

Edited by First Grade Teacher

I'm not sure if your disagreeing with me or not. Take a look at a few things from your link to the Echo site:

THE NEWEST

Celebrating our second year, Echo Mountain continues to innovate what skiing and riding is in Colorado. What’s new for the 07- 08 season?

• Added glades & woods features

• Expanded beginner area & handle tow

• Jr. programs & adult night leagues

• The Echo Bar & Cafe

THE EXPERIENCE

We know Echo Mountain is the most fun and welcoming ski & ride experience in Colorado and here’s just a few reasons why:

• One of a kind atmosphere & facilities

• Skiing and riding minus the fluff

• Features and terrain for every skier and rider

• Fully-lit to ski and ride into the night

• Sound system playing tunes across the slopes

• Wireless internet & gaming lounge

They have some very cool offerings but notice they don't leave out the beginners and kids. My point about the season pass is very valid at $109.

Not really disagreeing with you at all. I am of the persuasion that not everything needs to be an argument. Basically just putting an example out there of a mountain whose customer base is basically park rats and really has to be due to their location. The people who are spending the money on hotels, rentals, restaurants and the like are not going to go to a place 40 minutes from Denver, they'll be at Vail or Aspen. This mountain seeks to attract the kids from Denver who might have other wise been driving every weekend to the bigger resorts. They have created a culture and I bet there are a lot of people who would rather just hang out there when they ride if it isn't dumping.

Yes I did see the "we include everyone" type notes on the site, but through press I have read and seen and just the vibe of the Web site, it is pretty obvious what the goals of Echo are and who they intend to market to.

I don't agree or disagree with your opinion that an all park mountain could not be successful, I think it is something that might be tried, and truely depends upon what the definition of "all park" is.

Edited by youngstunta

this aint canadia boy

thank god

Good stay at Big Boulder because it's so much better....

have you people ever been to Canada? cause it sucks. ahahahahahahaha.

except for whistler and of course: Nelson BC. lol

Im with Justo, I'd move to Canada is a heart beat. Alberta has some insane riding... BC isn't the only place with good riding in Canada.

with the exception of number one (which, is just how you feel so whatever)

there really is no GOOD reason for you to hate canada.

i personally like the kindness. its an extremely nice change from the average cig smoking coffee drinking angry over tense politically correct driven person over here.