Huge year at Sno!!

insidesno

After a mid afternoon conversation with my fellow employees, we all have come to the following conclusion, 07/08 is going to be huge!! Just seeing all of the equipment roll in daily is a great change from past years. The owner's are awesome. They take our suggestions and run with them. More importantly, they listen to YOUR suggestions and find a way to get it done. While all of your suggestions have not be done, BELIEVE ME, they have been discussed and are planned. I speak to Neptune daily and take it for what it's worth, but he knows the mountain is going to be huge. Anyway I was really stoked after the conversation today so I thought I would share. I'll try to keep updating, but here are some highlights.

- Rails, boxes, wall rides and a skate ramp have already arrived from Planet. The skate ramp is going in the big tent out in front of the lodge. Cool spot to hang out.

- The new trails are being cut. Snowmaking is being installed as we speak. They WILL be open this year.

- The "glades" off of slope 1 are being thinned out so we can open them daily.

- The view of the halfpipe from the new deck, is going to be sick. The pipe is going to have dedicated tower guns along with the carpet.

- I know that all of the lifts have been overhauled and there are some rumors that they will be sped up.

- They are talking about changing the lights, starting with a few trails this year, with all of it completed by next year.

- The event list goes on and on. Rev. tour, mid atlantic sb series, and the Salomon jib academy is coming to have a freestyle clinic. Check the website for the whole list as I don't remember all of it.

- Neptune built us a BMX start gate for boarder and skier cross comps. It's pretty cool. They are thinking about having them weekly.

- Even the rental shop went all new with burton, elan, and salomon.

Anyway, I'll post more as I get it. Check out www.eastcoast22.com Pretty cool. The Zaugg is huge and I believe it comes next month.

Pray for temps. because when we get them, we are going full out to get the hill open.

Last thing, for anyone interested in joining the crews at the mountain they are having the job fair the first weekend in November. Check the website for exact times and dates. Hit me with any questions about jobs if u have any.

Later........

Wow, it seems like you guys really are doing everything possible to make Sno pa's best place to ski, which is amazing considering that Montage in its last few years did everything wrong it possible could. I really hope you do well, as it will bring more skiers to the nepa area instead of the poconos, which can only be good for local business and can hopefully be an incentive for Elk to do some of the same things (better snowmaking, terrain parks). I hope in the near future both can really compete with each other for more skier visits and better experience. And hey, as kind of said before, maybe the new owners can buy Elk and turn them into a combined 1 2 punch in pa...

All of the improvements sound great.

On the Sno Improvements thread, the #1 improvement listed by Sno's customer's was a New HS Lift. #2 was Better Lighting.

Since there will be no HS Lift this year, I really wish that they would move Better Lighting up the priority list. For night skiers, new trails are nice, but it would be nicer to be able to see on the trails that they already have. Lighting would also improve their ability to attract the school clubs that ski at night.

Sno Improvements Survey

Sno never responded to my email with a link to the survey results. So I don't know if they are really listening to their customers or just doing what they want.

The mini pipe in the tent is a dumb idea when there is snow all around you to ski or snowboard on. No one is going to want to skateboard on the mini.

Justin you can stay at my house over whatever break you want to come down on.

Edited by xNick11

- The view of the halfpipe from the new deck, is going to be sick. The pipe is going to have dedicated tower guns along with the carpet.

Does that mean the pipe is going to be in front of the lodge some place on the bottom of mainline, or still planned to be over where snowtubing is?

Any word on park passes for the parks/pipes this year?

Does that mean the pipe is going to be in front of the lodge some place on the bottom of mainline, or still planned to be over where snowtubing is?

Any word on park passes for the parks/pipes this year?

Do you drive a black jeep? Cause I think I saw you in West Side yesterday.