12/27/08 at the Boot

AtomicSkier

I was antsy this morning, so I left my house at 7:05am and arrived at 7:28am. I took my time booting up, and a few minutes later GSS pulled in, followed by TMT. We were in line at 7:45am. When they scanned us in right at 8am, Doug and I weren't skating fast towards the lift, but all of a sudden, we saw this goober sprinting for the lift, so we put the afterburners on, and had to leave toast one chair back with said goober.

Fir run down Challenge, WOW. What a change of conditions over yesterday. The snow was soft and smooth. Could really fly down Challenge ripping big GS turns. We did that a total of 3 times in a row, then checked out Paradise, Lazy, Main Street, and Burma, which were all really nice, Lazy mile being the best probably. Razors Edge was opened around 8:30am, but looked bad so we held off on skiing it.

After alternating between Paradise and Lazy, we did another Challenge, but by this time the fog was really starting to set it, brining back horrific memories for me (I broke my leg on a foggy day on Challenge), so I took it mad slow. We then checked out Razors Edge which was at 1/2 width, but still as wide as most Pocono diamonds. It turned out to be GREAT. Nice soft man made which meant you could really arc some nice turns down it. My favorite of the day.

All in all, we skied 15 runs, limited by the fog that was starting to set it. Good day, much better then expected, and no crowds what so ever. We were rolling semi deep today: me, gss, toast, bmtroublemaker, alfonso and bmt's friend.

whats up with sidewinder? open? closed? features?

sorry i sound like ttc6 but im supposed to go monday and blues website is about as usefull women who cant cook

whats up with sidewinder? open? closed? features?

sorry i sound like ttc6 but im supposed to go monday and blues website is about as usefull women who cant cook

Sidewinder opened around noon and instantly, the clusterfuck on Tuts cleared up.

I had the wife and nephew with me today, both hitting the snow for the 1st time this season. We hit 2nd tracks off the Summit lodge because we got mad delayed when the new point of sale computer wouldn't accept the gift card. They finally had to get the IT guy over and he couldn't make it work either. Very frustrating. Wife need a rest after three runs, so me and Wade (nephew) skied a run with the Blue Crew down Lazy Mile. We stayed until 1pm. The boy wanted to do more, but his knee was hurting him. Wife called it quits at 11:30. The fog got worse and worse, and a light mist was coming down.

Crowds were non-existent today.

there were some rails at the top of sidewinder...fdf...fd..and some other boxes...then there was a nice jump line with 4 jumps followed up by the wall ride...then there was the big booter prob 45 ft or you could go to the left and hit the C rail...after the booter there was a nice little spine...

Damn, Blue must have their shit down this year. Top to bottom Sidewinder before January, last year Sidewinder wasn't open until the 19th. Anyone hit these jumps?

the jump line is actually really fun. it would have been better if it wasnt so foggy today. seems to me to be around 25, 35, 45... but i didnt measure, and like i said, it was foggy as hell. the last hit that they have by itself is at least 50, for sure. but it is the most unsafe jump i have ever seen. i <3 blue.

the jump line is actually really fun. it would have been better if it wasnt so foggy today. seems to me to be around 25, 35, 45... but i didnt measure, and like i said, it was foggy as hell. the last hit that they have by itself is at least 50, for sure. but it is the most unsafe jump i have ever seen. i <3 blue.

50? Is it right after the wallride like the "big" jump was last year? Even that jump was unsafe

I always will have love for the blue jump line, it's not so big that you risk death and always flows nicely. My only gripe is the grooming sometimes and short landings...I remember last year some days the landings had moguls and the lips had ice under the sugar. Terrible for setting your pop.

the placement seems screwy - yesterday a bunch of kids were trying to keep the landing clear for one of their buds and ended up just clusterf*cking the whole trail - the kid seemed to hit it wrong and couldn't get any rotation but saw him throw a flip later in the lower park - had a #26 blast jersey on