JFBB Pre-PASR Day January 17th Jack Frost

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably the worst person there is for getting up in the morning. Outside of ski season I typically get out of bed around 12:30- 1:00, but I am able to change for ski season.

NICE avatar. McNabb is nerd, but he is getting it done in the playoffs.

I HATE getting up early. I HATE cold mornings.

But, I finally gave in this season and have been getting as close to 1st chair as possible. It is SO worth it when you do.

I HATE getting up early. I HATE cold mornings.

But, I finally gave in this season and have been getting as close to 1st chair as possible. It is SO worth it when you do.

waking up early and getting first chair beats the hell out of sleeping in till 10 and be in the tidal wave thats coming in at 11 and on

I'm probably the worst person there is for getting up in the morning. Outside of ski season I typically get out of bed around 12:30- 1:00, but I am able to change for ski season.

When I was skiing mostly at Jack Frost mid week, I figured since it's not going to be crowded (unless it's a WMMR day) I can sleep a little longer and not rush out. Whenever I ski outside of PA I'm up bright and early.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

When I was skiing mostly at Jack Frost mid week, I figured since it's not going to be crowded (unless it's a WMMR day) I can sleep a little longer and not rush out. Whenever I ski outside of PA I'm up bright and early.

i was thinking the same thing. it doesnt really get packed weekday mornings unless its a holiday or it snowed the day before. i should sleep in a little instead of freezing my ass off waiting for the first chair and skiing before the sun comes up.

FAQs..Frequenty Asked Questions..

What's the best place to park at Jack Frost?

What time do tickets go on sale?

Is there ski check or should I bring a lock?

Anyway despite forecasted AM temperatures of single digits below zero Saturday morning..I'm in like Flynn. Moe Ghoul will be in the house and I might boot up indoors..yeah...my fingers were a little numb booting up today in 18 degrees..it's a for real winter. I will be hitting every woods stash I can find..due to the cold I'm not bringing a camara..no way..but..props to those that bring their camaras and take pictures. Everybody is welcome..and I'm guessing there's gonna be alot of PASRs at the top of the Exhibition lift at 9AM on Saturday January the 17th..a pre-PASR day..I also have a few leftover PASR stickers..for your helmets or skis..

What time does the Trans Am start at Boulder??? I might want to watch some of that as well..

1) The best place to park is in the lot directly across the access road from the lodge. It normally filters in all different directions from there as it gets busier. Well I should say the best place to park is the VIP section up front. But I think you still need to VIP pass to park there. That's essentially ski in / ski out from your car.

2) Don't know but I'd venture to say 9.

3) Bring a lock, there's no ski check.

4) Don't know about the Trans Am.

Edited by PA Ridge Racer

I

What's the best place to park at Jack Frost?

-- Across from the lodge. There is also parking that is nearly slope side, just past the last trail, but that puts you onto the ski school area. I only park there if I get there really late on weekends.

What time do tickets go on sale?

--Not sure on the time, but I always see people waiting at 8 am, to head down and they already have tickets. I'm pretty sure they start early (call to be sure).

Is there ski check or should I bring a lock?

-- There is a FREE ski check near the message board on weekends. I used it this last Saturday. It is surrounded by metal barrier racks. They give you a wrist band with a number on it.

Edited by bigdaddyk

... Well I should say the best place to park is the VIP section up front. But I think you still need to VIP pass to park there. That's essentially ski in / ski out from your car.

VIP parking was actually done away with a couple years ago. The area you are referring to is for "authorized" people. A year or so ago, they let you park there and I was there all the time. A few years ago they charged for that area, for slope side parking.

Yep what BDK said....

Ridge - You seriously never saw the ski check before?? Maybe it's only a weekend thing??

I never use it but it's there... It's easier to use my lock than walk across (I'm lazy and I normally only lodge it when I gotta wee wee)

The thought of Jack Frost with their slow ass'd lifts on a below zero morning doesn't seem that appealing to me..I'm thinking of maybe taking a raincheck on Jack Frost maybe in February after my Jackson Hole trip..and of course Moe Ghoul would still get my spare voucher..maybe I'm just a wimp sitting here in my heated office..

You fag. C'mon if my 8 year old can hang so can you. It wouldn't be a pasr day without you Doug.

There is definitely a ski check. Its in between the ski school learning area and some little shack. As your buying your ticket, look left, you'll see it.

didnt see bdk's response...he tricked me out with all that answering in a quote box jazz.

Edited by ectobar

Doug's just scared of meeting TTC6. Come on pansy, bring it.

as sad as that may be... you might be correct

Then again TTC6 hasn't replied back weather he's even coming or not...

JMO - If this was at Blue Doug would be there.

The best way to make the runs last a little longer and to keep your body warm is to...

MAKE SOME TURNS

Then they'll last 33 seconds....lol