09/10 What one thing are you looking forward to this season?

RidgeRacer

TAHOE!!!

Skiing with the JF Crew..

Da Elevator

November Early season BB bonus days

Jack Frost Glades....

PASR Days

All that POW were going to finally get this season...

Cutting work to go ski some Fresh

oh wait you said one thing.....

LOTS of SNOW to ski on

There that's my one thing...

lotsa snow of course, but other than that it a toss up between

skiing on the new race skis on tuesday nights

skiing with new boots

seeing mrs snowbunski railing her new sticks

getting my son new boots, gotta love shopping for/buying equipment even if its not for me

skiing at greek peak outta the new digs

wow its looking like a great season!

AT.... well welcome to the dark side. All of the free heal benefits going up with none of the hippy sloppy skiing on the way down.

Where you planning on taking them ?

I haven't looked that far ahead yet, but Telluride is in the bag in Feb, JH looks like a clinch in Jan, and I'm determined to haul my ass up Tux next spring even if it kills me. Strictly day tripping at this point. I'm reading up on avy knowledge, checking out relevant threads on other boards, and working on getting myself in better shape than last season. My hope is to develop sufficient knowledge/skills to allow me to expand the ski season before/after the lifts stop spinning in addition to expanding the ski experience by trekking off the beaten path occasionally. At this point I'm just a kid in a toy store picking up gear for good prices. As much as I love tooling around resorts on a lift, I'm feeling the call to push it in a new direction. BTW, how's fatherhood treating you? Never heard back from you. Hope all went well.

I haven't looked that far ahead yet, but Telluride is in the bag in Feb, JH looks like a clinch in Jan, and I'm determined to haul my ass up Tux next spring even if it kills me. Strictly day tripping at this point. I'm reading up on avy knowledge, checking out relevant threads on other boards, and working on getting myself in better shape than last season. My hope is to develop sufficient knowledge/skills to allow me to expand the ski season before/after the lifts stop spinning in addition to expanding the ski experience by trekking off the beaten path occasionally. At this point I'm just a kid in a toy store picking up gear for good prices. As much as I love tooling around resorts on a lift, I'm feeling the call to push it in a new direction. BTW, how's fatherhood treating you? Never heard back from you. Hope all went well.

Sorry the first month I was kind of out of it, friends would leave multiple messages and I just never got back to them. Nothing intentional just I guess what happens when you have your first kid.

Fatherhood is great, my daughter and I have a blast and she is super well behaved. She rarely cries and likes to sleep in late for a baby, I'd like to get her out to bear creek this year in the papoose but mom would probably kill me.

AT is great on EC, outside of Tux in April and May you will have all the BC skiing you could ever want with next to no one around. The Three main areas are the Whites, Daks and Green mtns, none of them are particularly dangerous avy wise but they all have pockets where avy's are a legitimate concern. The Whites tend to have colder nastier weather and the Daks tend to be alot more icy and the Greens are more rolly than they other two. I have all the books and maps you could every want on BC skiing on the East Coast if you want to borrow something or want ideas on where to go just ask. A good way to start would be to go to Stowe and use the lifts to gain vert and then head out to Hellbrook and the Notch stuff, you'd get a good idea of what's its like without having to put in all the uphill work. EMS has mulitple AIARE avy course throughout the year though I would take the trip to tuxs first before I go with them . I'll be taking trips to the Daks and Tuxs this year and your always welcome to join us, in reality we are actually pretty god damn lazy. A PASR Tuxs trip would actually be alot of fun, you ski a decent amount but Tuxs is also alot of drinking and smoking.

Once you go backcountry in the west though your hooked for life. 4000 vert of face shoots never gets old and out there the possibilities seem endless. JH's terrain is legendary and teton pass may be the easiest/best skiing outside of Berthoud. Telluride has the venerable Bear Creek and is home to some of the best turns I've ever had in my life. These guys make the best maps - http://www.tellurideoffpiste.com/bear_creek/

Enjoy, once you get those first couple turns alone in the woods your hooked for life.

Sorry the first month I was kind of out of it, friends would leave multiple messages and I just never got back to them. Nothing intentional just I guess what happens when you have your first kid.

Fatherhood is great, my daughter and I have a blast and she is super well behaved. She rarely cries and likes to sleep in late for a baby, I'd like to get her out to bear creek this year in the papoose but mom would probably kill me.

AT is great on EC, outside of Tux in April and May you will have all the BC skiing you could ever want with next to no one around. The Three main areas are the Whites, Daks and Green mtns, none of them are particularly dangerous avy wise but they all have pockets where avy's are a legitimate concern. The Whites tend to have colder nastier weather and the Daks tend to be alot more icy and the Greens are more rolly than they other two. I have all the books and maps you could every want on BC skiing on the East Coast if you want to borrow something or want ideas on where to go just ask. A good way to start would be to go to Stowe and use the lifts to gain vert and then head out to Hellbrook and the Notch stuff, you'd get a good idea of what's its like without having to put in all the uphill work. EMS has mulitple AIARE avy course throughout the year though I would take the trip to tuxs first before I go with them . I'll be taking trips to the Daks and Tuxs this year and your always welcome to join us, in reality we are actually pretty god damn lazy. A PASR Tuxs trip would actually be alot of fun, you ski a decent amount but Tuxs is also alot of drinking and smoking.

Once you go backcountry in the west though your hooked for life. 4000 vert of face shoots never gets old and out there the possibilities seem endless. JH's terrain is legendary and teton pass may be the easiest/best skiing outside of Berthoud. Telluride has the venerable Bear Creek and is home to some of the best turns I've ever had in my life. These guys make the best maps - http://www.tellurideoffpiste.com/bear_creek/

Enjoy, once you get those first couple turns alone in the woods your hooked for life.

Good to hear about the wee one, Congrats again and thanks for the info. I'd be interested in a Tux excursion if 'n when your contingency heads up there. Nobody I ski with does it.