First Gear Purchase for 2010/2011 Season

Ride Delaware ?

I just picked up a pair of Burton Gore-Tex Under Mitts off ebay... I currently have a set from 3 years ago and love them... I'll probably be picking up Rome's Believer and a Burton Malolo to add to my quiver by the end of the summer too... Other than those additions, I may add some pants if I find a pair on sale or a traveling board bag... Other than the boards though, there isn't much on my needs list... Start the convo and start the stoke!!!

Wow Root, this is very unlike you... Has the wife put you on a budget or are you just losing your tough in your old age?

I know right. I'm keeping controls on my gear spending 'cause I think I'm getting a new car. That counts as ski gear right?confused.gif

just picked up a pair of crowbars last week. most of my summer purchases have been bike or surf related.

Hope you got a good price of those or I'm gonna smack you.

For the first summer in a long time, i don't really need anything. Might pick up a Forum Destroyer, if i can get rid of my Salomon answer, and i'd like some khaki gore pants but i don't really need them. I've got so much shit it's come to the point i have no room for anything else.

Edited by Dan-

If anyone has a men's small or medium jacket they want to sell let me know. David got 2 years out of his and I don't think I can squeeze him into it again.

I have a brown Sessions Gore-tex jacket in a medium that is in great shape i can sell you for a good price. Let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

update: dude from NeverSummer just called to let me know when the new boards are coming out. totally chill guy, but he sounded pretty lonely. it was pretty tough to get him off the phone. my new pal is now sending me a hat, shirt, and stickers. pretty cool.

Bought my first item for 2010 a nice new set of Rome Targa bindings ^_^ Next I plan to pick up a fresh 158 Rome Graft to mount them on.

love my Targas. pretty interested to see the 2011 ones with the canted footbeds. the Graft is a hot board, too.

I love the graft. I bought a used one last season prob 2006 model and it's just the perfect flex. Can't wait to get a new one :)

Do you use those CFlex inserts on your Targa's? The whole idea seems kind of silly to me but I guess you can't knock it until you try it.

Edited by DiMeThIcOnE

I use the small/medium flex one for no other reason than it's more comfortable on my boots. The firm one is REALLY firm. Don't even bother. You probably won't need 'em, especially if you're in the park a lot.

I've been in the park less and less as I get older. The 2010 Targas only come with one set of cflex inserts unless there is already one inside the binding by default that I haven't noticed.

I haven't played with them to much don't want to get over excited since we still have 3-4 months to go.

I've been in the park less and less as I get older. The 2010 Targas only come with one set of cflex inserts unless there is already one inside the binding by default that I haven't noticed.

About the park: you and me both. My pair came with the mediums installed in them and the firms in the box. It's pretty easy to fuck around with them on the mountain since all the inserts can fit in your pocket.

About the park: you and me both. My pair came with the mediums installed in them and the firms in the box. It's pretty easy to fuck around with them on the mountain since all the inserts can fit in your pocket.

Ah ha! You are right the softer ones are already installed in there, I think I will give them a go first :)