Aspen Stoke

AtomicSkier

• 2 weeks later...

Talk of the town right now: SNOW!

It has finally arrived and conditions are great. I played on Ajax yesterday and put in a solid days work. Legs/Thighs were screaming - a mixture of powder, first day on skis, and hard terrain had me shot. Fun day.

Took it easy today and had a fun day skiing with my wife at Buttermilk. 14" of snow fell in the last 24 hours and groomers and trees were excellent. Temps were ice cold...but bluebird conditions made it tolerable. Note: hot chocolate at cliffhouse was superb as usual.

On tap tomorrow: Snowmass or Highlands - sorry no pics...have no idea how to post from IPad

Talk of the town right now: SNOW!

It has finally arrived and conditions are great. I played on Ajax yesterday and put in a solid days work. Legs/Thighs were screaming - a mixture of powder, first day on skis, and hard terrain had me shot. Fun day.

Took it easy today and had a fun day skiing with my wife at Buttermilk. 14" of snow fell in the last 24 hours and groomers and trees were excellent. Temps were ice cold...but bluebird conditions made it tolerable. Note: hot chocolate at cliffhouse was superb as usual.

On tap tomorrow: Snowmass or Highlands - sorry no pics...have no idea how to post from IPad

Disappointing...I posted all of my pictures from last year's Aspen trips from iPad.

Glad you're having fun JO. When are you going to Little Annies? The beef stew is great.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

literally...a dust storm blew in last week, and now all the snow is dirty. Its also melting a lot quicker due to the darker surface. what an awful winter

Just minor traces of the red dust. Pretty white overall. The last few days have been some pretty good spring skiing.

So despite only getting an inch or so during 7 ski days, skiing Aspen/Snowmass is a blast. The roaring fork valley has become a special place. Four distinct mountains that each offers a totally different skiing experience. I even had fun at Buttermilk. Ajax is a technical gem that looks small but skis big. Highlands for the steeps and the bowl. Snowmass for its sheer size: 4400 vertical feet and 3100 acres. The last day, Johnny and I skied all the stuff we usually ski, but didn't previous days due to snow conditions. We even found some new lines through HV Glades that make Baby Ruth look wide (yes, hop turns required). Snow or no snow, Aspen rocks.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...