Aspen Stoke

AtomicSkier

atomic, did your flight get cancelled today?

I brought my laptop to the mountain yesterday so I could switch flights if UA issued a travel waiver. While sitting in the parking lot enjoying a morning mimosa, they did. I'm traveling tomorrow AM now. My original flight pushed back on time, but sat in the deicing line for 1hr and 45minutes before taking off. I would have made my connection, but I didn't need the stress/anxiety.

7554_10151467626237779_1665710110_n.jpg

• Like 1

How's coverage ?

Coverage is good. Snowmass has awesome coverage...only a few brown spots on Campground, everything else was awesome.

Ajax today also had pretty good coverage. The lower stuff near 1A was showing some dirt, but we did several laps on Kristie's and Hyrups and it beside the top few turns, coverage was solid. If these temps keep up, it's going to be thin.

From the top of Ajax...the temerity and steeplechase areas at Highlands look very well covered.

• Like 1

Content Crew only takes pics when it's deep. It was deeepp right before I arrived apparently, but now it's spring like, which is very enjoyable. Warm temps (50s at JS house, mid 40s top of Ajax) and blue skies have made for some really enjoyable skiing. We skied Snowmass day 1, Ajax day 2 and 3, and Snowmass today. Ajax has pretty good coverage, and softens up quicker than Snowmass does. The Dumps at Ajax were awesome both days, as were Kristies/Hyrups. We'll probably head back to Ajax tomorrow for Easter Sunday. Maybe drink a little champagne at the Oasis champange bar, and made some apres at the Ajax Tavern. No action shots as there hasn't been any fresh pow.

Some shots from my FB though:

panoramic shot from the top of High Alpine:

24452_10100527654173696_487732768_n.jpg

scraping the skis before a warm day at ajax...

578323_10100527890594906_1748835479_n.jp

and this was taken from Johnny's driveway this AM.....

48122_10100528502104436_395933082_n.jpg

• Like 1

I would have had more if I hadn't slammed into a tree one season and followed that up with shattering my knee cap.

And I did work for four of those years..

Edited by sibhusky