Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Boulder has gotten freedom open in, what, two days with good snowmaking conditions? I see decent conditions for maybe 6-8 hours a few of those days. I don't think that will get them open quite as quick as they've been able to in the past, although I'm hoping they can do it. Also, anything beyond 5 days out is pretty much just based on statistical averages and not necessarily what's actually going on in the atmosphere.

Boulder has gotten freedom open in, what, two days with good snowmaking conditions? I see decent conditions for maybe 6-8 hours a few of those days. I don't think that will get them open quite as quick as they've been able to in the past, although I'm hoping they can do it. Also, anything beyond 5 days out is pretty much just based on statistical averages and not necessarily what's actually going on in the atmosphere.

2 days i think gets freedom open.  i really wish that they would reconsider just blasting that one stupid trail.  we all know they are just doing it to say they are the first to open, but if anyone recalls, last year they opened with that trail, but lacked opening anything else the following weekend. Blue actually opened with something somewhat legit while they were still patting themselves on the back for getting freedom open.  

• Like 1

2 days i think gets freedom open. i really wish that they would reconsider just blasting that one stupid trail. we all know they are just doing it to say they are the first to open, but if anyone recalls, last year they opened with that trail, but lacked opening anything else the following weekend. Blue actually opened with something somewhat legit while they were still patting themselves on the back for getting freedom open.

Honestly freedom, love, and Boulder park are the only things there worth skiing for me. I'd rather mess around on a few jib features than attempt to carve turns down a 200ft vertical no pitch trail. I think most of boulder's target audience would agree. Early season, blue has the capacity to better cater to the "average" skier more than most other places around here if for nothing else than midway to lower main. You can actually get some speed and make some turns before hopping back on the lift.

That is correct.  unfortunately i have to use BB as a stepping stone to Jf early season.  So, yeah, probably 80% of their early season ticket sales are for people into park.  That number is probably less the first few days with people wanting to just get out at the start of the season.