Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Wow Ski2Live 2.5 hours from Lawrence NJ to Hunter is really fast. Were you speeding?

Wow you went that far with no wallet. I feel naked without mine. How did you buy lift ticket without it.

I was going as fast as 80 in a 65, but not passing lots of people or anything. It was 165 miles each way.

I tried three strategies to get a ticket.

1. Went to guest services to see if I could pay via Chase Quick Pay which I could authorize from my bank via my phone. They said no, and also rejected holding something as collateral til I came back to pay them for a ticket next week. Said they might have done it when they were family owned, but no shot now that they were part of a bigger corporation.

2. PM'd someone from this site who said he was going to be at Hunter that day to see if I could get some assistance. Did not get a reply. Can't fault them as I don't generally hang out on my phone checking for messages on this site while skiing either.

3. Figured out I could buy a ticket for the same day on Liftopia. Then called someone I knew well to get them to provide me with their credit card info so I could use that to buy a ticket via my phone.

So an hour after discovering the missing wallet I was skiing.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 1

Nice from now on I bet you'll double check that you brought your wallet. Knock on wood I've never forgotten my wallet. It's just natural for me to bring and you can't drive without license. I get a kick out of the people at the bar who put their wallet and keys on the bar and sometimes smartphone as well and when they go to the bathroom or outside to smoke they leave one or more of those items on the bar. It's so stupid.

I forgot it because I decided not to wear my regular pants, just the sweats I wear under my ski pants. Wallet stayed in my pants.

Was lucky I had gassed up the night before as I made it home with less than a gallon in the tank.

Wow I also thought about the gas thing. You definitely got lucky.

• Like 1

I remember when Gary dranow said something rude to Ski999s daughter at park city when they were there for the nastar nationals..circa 2004...ski999 had beef with everybody. I remember when he gave atomic Jeff a free pair of skis.

He gave me free weed a few times cause he used to grow.

At least hes still skiing.

Last time i saw him was in silverthorne. Didnt think hed care if he got outdoor cali.

He did lol.

You saw ski999 out there and gave him middie weed lol

One of the early PASRs who used to come to blue pretty often was Metz the Jersey boy. He was a nice guy but looked like he had Down syndrome. It took him like 8-9 years to get his bachelors degree and then he got a job selling cars.

no, nipples.

He's a rich kid I'm sure he's used to only smoking the best herb.

I was going as fast as 80 in a 65, but not passing lots of people or anything. It was 165 miles each way.

I tried three strategies to get a ticket.

2. PM'd someone from this site who said he was going to be at Hunter that day to see if I could get some assistance. Did not get a reply. Can't fault them as I don't generally hang out on my phone checking for messages on this site while skiing either.

That would be me. I took out my phone once to snap a quick pic soon after the lifts started spinning. I did not see your message until after I got home. I replied back with a mea culpa.

Looks like it's still snow instead of rain up at Camel, which is nice for them since they'll be able to use the light coating to mislead their customers with hotel reservations for the weekend into thinking they might open so they won't cancel.

Edited by enjoralas
  • Like 3