Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

about an inch or 2 natural refresher on the slopes with guns blazing over nite = soft laps this AM. 24 degrees when I pulled into the upper lot, overcast but clearing as I left. Promised Mrs. Ghoul to take her on a shopping trip today, so I only got 4 laps in. Hoping for a good blast of snow in the next 24 hours. Buddy messaged me that Jay has gotten upwards of 20" in the past week. Might go up there on Monday, or do a dawn patrol up Madonna if Ullr delivers. Good to hear that JF is getting it done.

• Like 3

No snow overnight, and the forecast has been downgraded. Supposed to get a few heavy squalls later today. 27 degrees, calm and overcast. Gonna make some eggs Benedict with leftover lobster and veg out this AM. Got another renter lined up for the 15th so we need to take down the Xmas tree and decorations and rearrange a few things before we head back to PA. I'll do some laps later.

Stayed home until about 11 when the powder machine cranked back up. Did a few laps down Black Snake which opened today, then hiked up Madonna and skied boot deep pow. Lower half of mountain was crusty, but the drifts on the sides were great. Hit the hot tub and showers then made some killer wings washed down with Heady. FKNA great day. Temps are dropping and its squalling. Stoke market is headed higher.

post-2366-0-77410500-1451862726_thumb.jpeg

post-2366-0-96581700-1451862912_thumb.jpeg

post-2366-0-00932600-1451862786_thumb.jpeg

post-2366-0-91964900-1451862887_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

Last 30 minutes from Hancock to the Bush were dicey. Extreme elevation based upslope. Probably 3" of fresh at 1,700'. Still going. Wind picking up too.

4-5" down here at 1400'. Snowing steady and already surpassed the downgraded forecast from this morning.

4-5" down here at 1400'. Snowing steady and already surpassed the downgraded forecast from this morning.

It's tough to gauge because I wasn't here until 6:30, and they have been plowing. There are also significant drifts, so it could be closer to that.

Wasn't much going on at Killington either...

It's tough to gauge because I wasn't here until 6:30, and they have been plowing. There are also significant drifts, so it could be closer to that.

Wasn't much going on at Killington either...

I don't think the heavier squalls have hit yet. Stoked to see what tomorrow morning looks like.

I don't think the heavier squalls have hit yet. Stoked to see what tomorrow morning looks like.

Im hoping/expecting 3" more. It's still going heavy and the precip on the radar hasn't moved at all. I could go for 6" of fresh on my first day back. They have started opening some natural stuff, so it looks like I picked a good week to come back... Crowds should be minimal as well...

Im hoping/expecting 3" more. It's still going heavy and the precip on the radar hasn't moved at all. I could go for 6" of fresh on my first day back. They have started opening some natural stuff, so it looks like I picked a good week to come back... Crowds should be minimal as well...

Looks like about 5" at my house, 3 degrees, no wind, should me good this AM