Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Ride likes to talk about jet streams etc. One look into Ridge Racers crystal ball reveals that we will have freedom park, boulder park and love Park for thanksgiving weekend. You're in luck my friend. Enjoy.

I like your reports because they are optimistic. Can you give me a Sugarbush Thanksgiving report?

I'm really kicking myself for not going this past week Mon-Wed. However, I'm leaving tomorrow for a couple days up there to oversee some things at the condo. I'll be getting some days in at K-Mart, but trail count took a big hit with 1.5 inches of rain and 3 days of 50 plus. Hopefully they can make snow tonight through Tuesday morning, so hopefully they can rebound quickly. As usual, a trip report with pics will likely occur.

I'm up in the Sugarbush area right now. I stopped at K-Mart before I hopped on 100 N to see if they were making snow t2b yet. It was a balmy 24 degrees at the base of the K1 Gondola. I could hear muffled snowmaking, but no guns anywhere near the base.

Came up to the Bush, grabbed my board and boots from the condo, and then went over to the base. I could hear snowmaking from the condo, but it was much louder than Killington's, which means it should be lower on the mountain unless the acoustics are different. There was no snowmaking at the base there either, but they were moving a groomer around in the bully yard. It was also 24 degrees at the base there also.

I'll have a KMart trip report tomorrow.

• Like 6

I'm up in the Sugarbush area right now. I stopped at K-Mart before I hopped on 100 N to see if they were making snow t2b yet. It was a balmy 24 degrees at the base of the K1 Gondola. I could hear muffled snowmaking, but no guns anywhere near the base.

Came up to the Bush, grabbed my board and boots from the condo, and then went over to the base. I could hear snowmaking from the condo, but it was much louder than Killington's, which means it should be lower on the mountain unless the acoustics are different. There was no snowmaking at the base there either, but they were moving a groomer around in the bully yard. It was also 24 degrees at the base there also.

I'll have a KMart trip report tomorrow.

heading back tomorrow and im very tempted to do a morning session on the way home. what time are u going to be there if u go? i have a bogo, odds of me doing this are about 50/50 depending on mrs moe green lighting it.

heading back tomorrow and im very tempted to do a morning session on the way home. what time are u going to be there if u go? i have a bogo, odds of me doing this are about 50/50 depending on mrs moe green lighting it.

godfather15_zpsfb46a945.jpg

"Do you know who I am? I'm Moe Greene! I made my bones when you were going out with cheerleaders! I'm going skiing!"

We go thru this November ritual every year, its all part of the angst, fear, anticipation, and manic emotional swings that follow the temperature up and down.

I haven't even set up the Moeghoul Dope-ler weather station yet.

post-2366-0-51598300-1383838403_thumb.jpg

post-2366-0-49109500-1383838349_thumb.jpg

Edited by moe ghoul
  • Like 4

It's raining up here in the MRV right now, but temps are supposed to plummet by the end of the afternoon. Looks pretty cold next week. I would imagine t2b at KMart. My inside sources at SR tell me they have a really good shot at t2b on Saturday. They blew a good amount during the last cold snap, so they've got a good head start.