Seriously, WTF is with this Weather?

Ride Delaware ?

Really nice cold front settling in for a couple days. Killington has been able to keep the guns on around the clock at the top. Rumor has it that they will open Friday to Season Pass and Discount Card holders, and then to the general public on Saturday. It's looking like Great Northern from Gondi to NRT and Rime to start. They may be able to put enough of a base down to stay open midweek, especially since this pattern is supposed to hold for almost a week. Time will tell.

Really nice cold front settling in for a couple days. Killington has been able to keep the guns on around the clock at the top. Rumor has it that they will open Friday to Season Pass and Discount Card holders, and then to the general public on Saturday. It's looking like Great Northern from Gondi to NRT and Rime to start. They may be able to put enough of a base down to stay open midweek, especially since this pattern is supposed to hold for almost a week. Time will tell.

Been watching all afternoon.

• Like 1

I wore a gator on my head when I took the dogs out this AM. But still wore shorts. Time to bust out the beloved sweatpants. Nice to see Killy spritzing the slopes, I'll be tempted to ring the bell for a few weekday turns before October expires if they pull it off.

I saw an old lady wearing a scarf...guys seriously bring in your tropical plants..my pineapple tree is moving to my closet!!!

Facebook makes office productivity non existent for me year round. Good thing I have people to delegate my work too!!!

Speaking of Facebook, this is off Killington's page:

KILLINGTON OPENS FOR SKIING AND RIDING FRIDAY.

Killington Resort will open for Season Pass and Express Card holders for an exclusive day of early season skiing and riding on Friday, October 25. We anticipate opening to the public for skiing and riding on Saturday, October 26.

• Like 3

Wow ride DE knows what he's talking about....anybody going up this weekend? How much are lift tickets?

It sucks im not up in the MRV with all my gear, or i'd probably hit the road tomorrow and go for it on Friday. It would be one little step towards justifying my Killington Express Card. Either way, keeps the Stoke Market rising. I'm still aiming for November 5 to be my first day of the season.

Ride DE I didn't realize you had a ? After your screen-name....is that new or has it always been like that? Lets hope the Big K is still open November 5th...post a report!!!! Have you been checking killingtonzone.com ?

Yeah, it's been there since day one. Thanks for noticing.

They will be open. I have faith!!!

Killington update:

12:50 p.m. 10/24/13--

Product testers are in – and the word is we’re dropping the ropes early!

Thanks to the great work of our Mountain Ops team, we have decided to open for skiing and riding today, Thursday October 24 at 1:30 p.m. This early opening is exclusively for Season Pass and Express Card holders.

If you haven’t picked up your Season Pass or Express Card yet, head to K-1 Guest Services to grab a ticket for the afternoon.

If you can’t make it today, don’t worry, we’ve got the official 2nd Annual Season Pass and Express Card holder Appreciation Day still scheduled for tomorrow, Friday, October 25, 2013.

Never fear, skiers and riders - we're so excited that we just can't hide it, and the plan is to open up for the public on Saturday, October 26, 2013.

The snowmakers are still on the job, still blowing snow and blowing our minds. Check back for updates as they continue to work their magic.

• Like 2

Me too. We cranked our pool heater all month, so I told myself I wasn't turning the heat on till November 1st. I didn't want a $500 gas bill for October. Living with 4 girls who love to whine, I decided to turn it on today. The ac has only been off for a week. Good thing I can print money in my garage. That's what my wife and daughters think.

• Like 1

Just saw a weather update for the month on the weather channel. They initially had a weird jet stream pod that was going to drop significantly colder than average air into the mid atlantic while the northeast had warmer than average temps. It looks like the uncertainty in the jet stream is working itself out, and the jet stream is not going to drop the way they had expected. It looks like the northeast, specifically the ADK, VT, NH, and western ME will be the beneficiaries of that slight drop in the jet. Look for a decent early season in those states, but it could take a little while to work its way south.

What's your prediction for boulder being open by thanksgiving?

Johnny Law is more of an amateur weatherman than myself, but I still think that with Boulder's capacity, slight elevation advantage, and the ability to open Freedom slope in about 24 hours, that they will be able to pull something off. Its like every prediction. While they are predicting above average temps as a whole, there are always periods, some 2-3 days long, that could be much colder than average and produce some really good snowmaking temps. It's not out of the realm of possibility.

Head north or west...

I think he was looking for something a little closer and more cost effective. He probably wants to day trip or use the place they have for the season. I'd also imagine that he wants to take his family with him. Since he is spending $500 a month on gas to heat the house and outdoor pool, I would imagine those kind of travel expenses make it cost ineffective.