Light @ the end of the Tunnel

Roles reverse pretty soon...what do they say...blood is thicker than water...i'll still have to get her Taco Bell nacho steeze chalupas to keep her happy.

If your going to be the big Steeze, then you could always get someone new lol... How many employees you have?

4 employees but we have a dealer network of 200 funeral homes who generate 90% of our business/other 10% is retail..and all of our manufacturing and artwork/sandblast is done by other companies or independent contractors. Ideally. I sold a $4200 tombstone earlier over the phone..something I could do from Jackson Hole...I could probably get 2 hours of work in before booting up due to time difference.....that would be living the dream...

Not that you've put any thought into this lol.

Debating an early trip to Killington in late December. Do you guys think the mountain will be in good shape by then?

Vinny, when is late December for you? I usually go to K-Mart the week before X-Mas and it's generally fairly good... I went in 08 and the whole mountain was open and they had just received 24" of pow... 09 and 10 were typical years with about 70-80 trails with some natural snowfall... I get pretty lucky with the weather during that annual trip... There is also next to no crowds and pretty decent lodging and ski packages... I usually score 5 days and nights for about $400...

It really depends on when end of December is to you... If your talking Christmas week, then everywhere will be a cluster fuck... I have been to Killington numerous times before X-Mas, and I can say from experience that they usually open a fair amount of beginner and intermediate terrain first to appease families after the holidays... That being said, there is still a great deal that is congested, although I had heard they were working on some of these problem areas this off season... Killington also has one of the most powerful snowmaking systems around... If there is cold weather, they will consistently have the most terrain... However, Okemo is an excellent beginner intermediate mountain... You'll get bored in a couple days, but they have great snowmaking and lift infrastructure... Also not busy the week before X-Mas...

Not that you've put any thought into this lol.

Debating an early trip to Killington in late December. Do you guys think the mountain will be in good shape by then?

crystal ball says......to early to tell. i always kick around the idea of a trip to vermont early season, but then i quickly come to my senses about driving 12 hrs back and forth to enjoy "early season" conditions. it could just be me, but i dont see how spending all that dough is worthwhile unless the mountain is damn near 100%.

It really depends on when end of December is to you... If your talking Christmas week, then everywhere will be a cluster fuck...

When I said late December I was meaning the week before Christmas 18-24th ish. There is no way in hell i'm going near anywhere the week of Christmas. I've been out when I thought it was crowded but I can't imagine how bad it will be that week. I figured the week before would be lighter crowds but I just wasn't sure about what I could expect to be open. December is pretty much my only chance to go up before late in the season (end of Feb, beg of March) because of work so its then or a long wait.

I've been going to Okemo the second weekend in December for the last five years with a group of friends for a 4 day weekend. We pick Okemo for this trip because they have great snowmaking and the rates are really good as well. We stay at a slopeside condo off the Sachem trail and only one year have we not had ski in/ski out. The conditions have been really good every year with some years having natural snow trails open. Okemo is mostly a blue square mountain which is great for the first trip of the year. They also have some nice steeps and glades if you know where to look. Jackson Gore was a nice addition but usually doesn't have the steeps open early season. When they do have the black diamonds open it is really nice because they're empty. Skied there in January and March last season as well and like it more every time because I've learned where the good stuff is. A good early season choice. I think their snowmaking is more extensive than K-Mart and it's a shorter drive. Their grooming is better than K-Mart for early season as well.

I've been going to Okemo the second weekend in December for the last five years with a group of friends for a 4 day weekend. We pick Okemo for this trip because they have great snowmaking and the rates are really good as well. We stay at a slopeside condo off the Sachem trail and only one year have we not had ski in/ski out. The conditions have been really good every year with some years having natural snow trails open. Okemo is mostly a blue square mountain which is great for the first trip of the year. They also have some nice steeps and glades if you know where to look. Jackson Gore was a nice addition but usually doesn't have the steeps open early season. When they do have the black diamonds open it is really nice because they're empty. Skied there in January and March last season as well and like it more every time because I've learned where the good stuff is. A good early season choice. I think their snowmaking is more extensive than K-Mart and it's a shorter drive. Their grooming is better than K-Mart for early season as well.

my parents have a place off Sachem trail. havent been there in years, like before Jackson Gore.

So you would you rather ski at Jack Frost than Okemo or do you just not like you parents? :huh:

they rent it, and use it when its not rented. so for me to use it i kind of feel like i would possibly take rent away from them, i just dont have the place at my disposal. its not my place, its theirs. if i go with them, its kind of a last minute thing, and i'm skiing alone. i'd rather ski with my buddies.

• Like 2

they rent it, and use it when its not rented. so for me to use it i kind of feel like i would possibly take rent away from them, i just dont have the place at my disposal. its not my place, its theirs. if i go with them, its kind of a last minute thing, and i'm skiing alone. i'd rather ski with my buddies.

Very understandable. +1 for not being selfish.

Leaves are changing pretty well here on the coast of Maine... First couple days the temps were on board with the seasonal average in the low to mid 60s with 50s at night... It's been mild the past couple days, and the next couple even more so... Back in the 70s with low 60s at night... Temps look to be back to normal in the upper 50s with lows around 40 by the end of next week... Hopefully someone will pull out a Halloween day lol