Wicked Snow Guns Blue Should Get

indiggio

All ski areas make snow on open terrain when needed.

Doug, you know as well as me that this is not the case. If that were the case we would see a bunch of PA resorts opening on a 10" base and then blowing snow during the day while they were open. I think the key word of "all" was misplaced in this situation. I have seen snow being blown on open terrain very rarely in PA. It just doesn't happen that often, and most of the time, some trails need it.

I can't get over how bad this video is. I can't believe it was made in 2010, I would have guessed '96.

I agree with Ride Delaware, I can't say that I've ever seen a ski area in PA blow snow on an open trail. I've seen it up north but not here

Blue often blows on open runs. Not usually te entire trail but in spots.

What about "all" the rest of the ski areas? It is typical for Blue to have a gun on, especially that fan gun at the top of Lazy Mile since it is a high traffic area. Truth be told, I've never seen them "need" a gun there. I guess need is a subjective term, but it wasn't necessary.

blue, cb, and bc blow on open trails all the time

Never been to BC, so I can't comment, but in college I went all the time to CB and NEVER saw snowmaking on open terrain. I know they did it very rarely after a freeze thaw or nair event, but those times were extremely rare and were advertised on the conditions page with bold lettering and all in caps lock which means its rare... I haven't been to Blue as often, so I can't comment that much, but the only place I've ever seen it being made on open terrain is at the top of lazy mile. That being said, I know it's rare there too... It may happen, I'm not saying it doesn't, but I feel that it's much rarer than we are making it sound. I could be totally wrong though...

Never been to BC, so I can't comment, but in college I went all the time to CB and NEVER saw snowmaking on open terrain. I know they did it very rarely after a freeze thaw or nair event, but those times were extremely rare and were advertised on the conditions page with bold lettering and all in caps lock which means its rare... I haven't been to Blue as often, so I can't comment that much, but the only place I've ever seen it being made on open terrain is at the top of lazy mile. That being said, I know it's rare there too... It may happen, I'm not saying it doesn't, but I feel that it's much rarer than we are making it sound. I could be totally wrong though...

it's pretty normal for them to be blowing the wide open area above sidewinder/challenge/razors pretty much every weekend.

it's pretty normal for them to be blowing the wide open area above sidewinder/challenge/razors pretty much every weekend.

Maybe thats where i saw it... I remember seeing a couple fan guns blowing at the top of some intersections, but definitely no air/water guns...

i love the people that ski closed trails while they are blowing. Little do people know that those huge piles are wetter and stickier than Pamela Anderson.

Common misconception... In PA maybe, but at most places I went to last year in NE, I encountered mostly dry snow... They really know how to dial it in... That being said, some snowmaking is incredibly wet and sticky... Just got to be careful lol

• 4 weeks later...

Blue doesn't need snow guns it needs snow makers. The mountain crew is the laziest bunch i have ever seen in operation. They love blowing piles of wet crud...if they would actually go out and adjust the water/air mixture after they start up Blue could have dry snow like the rest of the mountains.

Barb Green needs a computer program that can monitor that as well. If she realized she could save a nickle on snow making she would have changed how they made snow already. Its amazing how much energy they waste making that crap.

If it wouldn't be for the fan guns Blue wouldn't have any dry snow.

Hey, Kenny why don't you get off your lazy a** and actually get your crew to do their job instead of racing around the mountain on your snowmobile. How longs it been since you ran over your foot horsing around on your snowmobile?? 3 years? You got workmans comp for that...right?

• Like 3

Blue doesn't need snow guns it needs snow makers. The mountain crew is the laziest bunch i have ever seen in operation. They love blowing piles of wet crud...if they would actually go out and adjust the water/air mixture after they start up Blue could have dry snow like the rest of the mountains.

Barb Green needs a computer program that can monitor that as well. If she realized she could save a nickle on snow making she would have changed how they made snow already. Its amazing how much energy they waste making that crap.

If it wouldn't be for the fan guns Blue wouldn't have any dry snow.

Hey, Kenny why don't you get off your lazy a** and actually get your crew to do their job instead of racing around the mountain on your snowmobile. How longs it been since you ran over your foot horsing around on your snowmobile?? 3 years? You got workmans comp for that...right?

weird coincidence that the snow on paradise, razors, and nightmare/dreamweaver tend to be much better than elsewhere? pretty amazing what automated snow guns will do, huh?

• Like 1