sarah burke......dead at age 29

phillycore

So sad. She was a wife, business woman, model, beauty, athlete, product representative, spokesperson, pioneer, competitor, winner, ripper, skier. We lost a good one today.

There are way too many dead skiers lately.

All true. Kt and I got to hang with her for a bit at a movie premier a while back. She's one of most genuine, nicest people I've ever met, and was such a great ambassador for this sport. I'm glad I can say I had the chance to meet her.

very sad to see someone so gifted and beautiful taken doing something we all love. was nice to hear her and her family chose organ donation to help others in their time of great loss (from the father of a transplant recipient) may her family and friends find many blessings, strentgh and peace

• Like 2

i feel like death comes in waves in pro sports. there were 2 deaths in the nhl in the past year, i believe there was a couple in the nfl the year before. its a shame it has to happen like that. vibes go out to her family. like paskiingsucks said no parent should ever have to bury their kids. at least she was doing what she loved. RIP

McConkey was a big loss too..... The guy was an absolute legend when it comes to modern day skiing.

It's just getting all to commonplace the past few years.... CR Johnson, Jamie Pierre,Shane McConkey, and now Sarah Burke were all in the past 4 years alone... Doug Coombs was 2006.....

Then you can add in the celebrity factor with Natasha Richardson, and Sonny Bono as well if you want to take it that far.

I think Sarah maybe just stands out more because she was so personable. She wasn't the typical "crazy" skier in the public eye. She definitely was more of a public figure than any of the others who were mainly only known within the skiing community.

People who don't know shit about skiing at all, knew Sarah Burke....

not taking anything away from cr/coombs/pierre or anyone but the fuckin olympics...

sarah has been in the industry longer than anybody currently in the circuit. she put so much into it and this happens. i was so stoked to see her in the olympics. thats why its hard to believe.