Elk's 100 day guarantee for season pass holders

Old Geezer

Some pass holders told me Elk is in a dilemma with their 100 day guarantee for season pass holders.

Either they stay open for 100 days, which would take them into the weekend of the 24th, or they offer a pro-rated credit to current pass holders on next year's passes.

Comments?

coverage is pretty good up there - it could be real close! yesterday was a blast up there, skiied all the trails skiers right to left - hard n fast in the morning. skipped tunk and took the green cruiser down to the bar for lunch and a beer. after the break we worked from skiers left to right to end up on tunkhannok around 12:30 or so just as the bumps were softening up. such a great day - my face is sore from so much sun and smiles!

• Like 2

I can't belive we're talking like March 24th is April 24th but that's how this year went I guess. Anyway I hope they go past this upcoming weekend as I fully plan on heading up there. Maybe if we organized a massive PASR day up there on the 24th we could encourage them to stay open.

I skied both sat. and sunday and they'll be fine through the weekend and i'll bet they could squeeze another one out after that. But yeah, it was pretty dead up there and as steeze said, at some point operating expenses eclipse giving $$$ back. I'd be fine with a weeks credit because i'm going to head north that weekend to try to find some snow for one last ski weekend.

Official word is they are going to stay open until this Thurs., their 100th day. Restaurant will be closed, and I believe the bar too.

Conditions ranged from mashed potatos to potato soup, with a MAJOR MELTDOWN Sat and Sun.

They'll have to push around a huge amount of snow to keep open, but they'll manage.

Official word is they are going to stay open until this Thurs., their 100th day. Restaurant will be closed, and I believe the bar too.

Conditions ranged from mashed potatos to potato soup, with a MAJOR MELTDOWN Sat and Sun.

They'll have to push around a huge amount of snow to keep open, but they'll manage.

Did they have the Season Passholder party yet? Skipping that this year? Just looking at the webcam, it's going to be tough to make Thursday... Best of luck to them though... Time to go snow farming I guess lol

Did they have the Season Passholder party yet? Skipping that this year? Just looking at the webcam, it's going to be tough to make Thursday... Best of luck to them though... Time to go snow farming I guess lol

They've never had a SP party. Their were some big parties going on at the Picnic Hut and in the parking lots this Sat. but, none sponsored by the Mtn.

^ Not so sure about that. The pasholders I know were grumbling about this being the warmest winter in 20 or 30 years yet Elk still manages to skate by with marginal or unskiable conditions to meet the 100 day thing, so the guarantee is really a worthless point. And if it doesn't come into play this year, what year will it ever apply. There are from some guys who if they weren't complaining about this, they'd find something else to grumble about, like the dollar-a-hole they usually have to fork over when we play golf.