Blue Mountain Waterpark

snorovr

• 3 months later...

The anticipation of the waterpark at Blue is like my 7th favorite 90s teen movie Can't Hardly Wait...Hopefully Jennifer Love Hewitt is there in a bikini.

They can build a hockey arena in a year but three years for a tiny waterpark..SMH shaking my Herman!!

Will they open the first phase before everything is completed, or is the anticipated opening 2016?

The slow construction speed is probably their doing and their plan not to disrupt their main revenue stream this winter. It makes sense to do the major road work when the traffic impact is less, and concentrate on the sure work next season. Once the site work is completed, it will be quick and easy to place attractions.

The article said first phase in 2015...complete opening 2016..it's a tiny waterpark compared to wild water kingdom and camelbeach. Looks like u could do every attraction in under an hour.

I can't wait for the hotel. I think hotel guests should be allowed early tracks at 730am..they can break up all the cord before the season pass holders start.

Is there space for expansion? I don't know the lie of the land very well.

• 8 months later...

It's on hold. Thinking about doing the hotel first for weddings and winter.

I hadn't heard that. Good to know. Didn't see anything about that in the news, but it seems logical. Would the hotel be at the top as well, or at the base where it's flat and there is more space?

I think the hotel is a great idea as well. I just remember Barb saying that their feasibility study said no hotel would be sustained without a water park. But if their hotel business increases, that wouldn't be a tough sell. I definitely think there's beneficial development to be done there.

Two tubing tents seems odd. Was the current one not big enough?

I'm really hoping the hotel eventually happens and it replaces the base Lodge. The base Lodge either needs to be destroyed or renovated. I park up top sometimes only because it's so much nicer up there. Do keep the classy food houses though... and the waffle house.

It seems like an excellent spot for an L shaped hotel/lodge. Go from the patrol shack around to the current lodge and combine them all into an updated building.

I know plans can always change, but the last article I read said they did the feasibility study for a 110 room hotel. They could easily squeeze all that down there.

• 2 months later...

A hotel?  I don't know...I guess if the hotel in and of itself was a money maker, and if it's going to drive 4 season business...but Blue - and CB for that matter - sure don't need any more skiers to make a buck I would think.

But you know, who is going to pay for a hotel for blue, or CB for skiing?  I just don't see it.

We went to Greek this summer, and I was thinking "great, you know, maybe this can become a weekend get away spot for the winter..." but for what they would charge (and I think any new place in the Pokes will be priced the same) to ski 1000'....I'd rather drive a few more hours....

How does that hotel at Bear Creek do?  we took the kids there when...well, back when BC was fun for them to ski....and spent a night.  Awesome hotel, had a great time, everything was nice...and never did it again.

Anywho....I'm sure the folks that run these mountains are smarter than me, but I just don't see the wisdom in the investment.