Blue Mountain Waterpark

snorovr

Yes, the volcano slide does look like fun. Not sure how many water parks are needed around here, hope it works out for them.

people from LV would have to bypass dorney to get there, and at dorney you get an amusement park and water park for probably around the same price.

Most of Dorney parks attendance is people from Philly jersey and New York.

That's not his point. Someone from trexlertown or Emmaus isn't going to drive past dorney to go to blues waterpark when they could just go to dorney and get two parks for the price of one or whatever their slogan is

ya never know. i'm hopeful. i'm not huge on the idea, but i think getting people up there year-round is their goal right now - and i think that's a good goal to have.

Especially with the shortened seasons we've been having. It'll definatley be a boost to their revenue.

They might if they don't want to spend $50 and deal with Dorney Parks ghetto fabulous crowd.

this is the most logical thing you've posted on here in a while. if they can undercut dorney a bit on price and provide a 'better' product, i think they could get visitors. including it with a biking pass wouldn't hurt either. i know a lot of guys i ride with have families and i could definitely see them bringing their significant others and kids along for the day to go to the water park while they ride DH. fromt he renderings, it certainly looks 'nicer' than wildwater, from what i remember. not sure if it's in the works or not, but putting in an actual surfable wave pool would be pretty awesome too. that'd at least tie into the 'outdoor adventure' thing they were pushing for a few years back.

Waterparks are a tricky business, while they are huge in keeping the revenue stream going throughout the summer months, the day to day operating budget for one of these things is through the roof. I doubt you'll see any kind of undercutting price wise, maybe by a few bucks, but that'll be it.