End of Season ? - TR

Johnny Law

Dates: April 5th- 14th
Musak:

So I’ve never really posted anything about this trip before, to be straight its spring skiing and I figured it is only going to come off as douchey, but summer is long and I’ll try to keep the look how cool I am shit to a minimum.

I’m not important, my sister and her bf are important in a small pond way and thus I get to mooch on a pretty great trip. Essentially this trip is theoretically a big vendor/rep deal, they bring all their shit out and the worker plebes get to test it.

Before the Aspen demo portion me and my sister headed south to spend two days at Telluride. I love Telluride it’s steep and is by a landslide the most beautiful place in the lower 48.

View from my hotel door (Victoria Inn, 1 block from lift 8 and cheapish)

24451428.jpg

Town

80250059.jpg

Colorado is so ugly

77843128.jpg

Revelation Bowl in case you can’t read

22515448.jpg

59733653.jpg

Palmyra

38647484.jpg

Telluride is amazing if you get the chance definitely go there. It was spring skiing and closing week so no actions pics also I skied a lot alone. However we drank a lot of beer and had serious fun.

The lineup, for a person as obsessed with skis as I am this is a Roman Orgy style lineup.

10560845.jpg

Basically reps set tents up at the base and you get to ride all their skis for free and as long as you want. Most of the others on the trip are from FL which is awesome because they leave the interesting boards alone.

91932051.jpg

I got to test these bad boys, it’s reasonable to look at them and call bullshit after all cnc’d core’s and carbon/edge tips and tails scream bullshit but I can assure you they are the real deal. They are super fucking light, they carve like a 68 waisted world cup GS ski, super quick edge to edge and they don’t give a fuck about chop or crud. Unreal hard snow performance for a ski with this much rocker, if I can pick them up proform buying a set for sure. If you see these go fucking ride them and they will blow your mind. They are the future.

79800986.jpg

91441928.jpg

My parents and brother brought the snow with them, 8-12” of butter cream and even old Pocono shufflers are getting into the act.

26844617.jpg

I was determined to be first up the cirque the next morning, sadly I failed as was only 4th.
36585029.jpg

This was on my 4th run, overall I got 7 in, the first 5 of which were pretty much knee deep untracked. I ran into Johnny Styles on the next run and he showed me and a buddy around.

36215891.jpg

My brother decided to get all Tussey Mtn on the bitch.

74616770.jpg

Highlands holds a real special place in my heart so I was pretty stoked to get to share that experience with my brother who was a bowl newb. The bowl is the soul of highlands, its identity, every able bodied skier should haul their fat ass up there and do the damn thing before they die.

94881403.jpg

42655017.jpg

Bros up top

45896055.jpg

Entire Law Unit at the bottom

23703700.jpg

That was supposed to be it but then it snowed another 10” and fuck it we always have time to ski pow.

Not bad for somebody living in South Florida

69332390.jpg

Then again maybe not…..

51330910.jpg

Lastly you get to meet a lot of people on this trip, mostly reps from CO however I did get to chat with one particularly interesting fellow. He’s 92 now and tells Grandpa Simpson stories but he did invent the goose down jacket and still skis pretty well so he’s got that going for him.

41064481.jpg

I got more pics, mostly of skis I demo’d but I think that’s enough look how big my penis is for today.

Thanks for stopping by.

• Like 4