The official 2013 / 2014 Ski Season Thread

RidgeRacer

So Philly is cheaper than Burlington? Interesting.

burlington has changed a lot. it's not the same even from when I used to go up when I was still in high school back in like 06-07. to put it lightly it's overran, too small of a town with too many college kids making up the population. just being at champlain for 2 years the erollment almost tripled and I'm sure UVM has as well. to make things worse, barely any of them live on campus so rent has gone through the roof. I was paying $1500/month for a 2br which is pretty much on the cheaper end of things. you can find plenty of places for much, much cheaper in philly. their economy is wacked up there, they need to expand. it's basically like the NYC of vermont. everything is PACKED and super expensive. not to mention they're really disconnected from the real world up there. I loved the mountains obviously but I got sick of the people and the town. It's just not a good place to live for an extended period of time.

Nice. Do you think you'll hit all of the areas? I'll need a tour of Mountain Creek.

I'll only go to Mountain Creek on a weekday when the weather is calling for ~40% chance of light rain. Sawmill and Swain are off my radar. I'll do Denton if there's a carpool and I'm not driving. The rest are do-able this season.

Oh and PASR day at Denton is on.

Edited by RootDKJ

I've already throw this out To some of the guys on here who frequent VT or do road trips, but it's too good a deal to leave everybody else out. I think I'm going to pick one up as well.

http://wfff.halfoffdeals.com/index.php?index_type=promo-detail&h=2070863

I've already throw this out To some of the guys on here who frequent VT or do road trips, but it's too good a deal to leave everybody else out. I think I'm going to pick one up as well.

http://wfff.halfoffdeals.com/index.php?index_type=promo-detail&h=2070863

Thanks for posting. thats a good deal and i picked one up. thats a weeks worth of skiing on the cheap.

i still think you have some type of unnatural leaf/foliage fetish, though.

• Like 1

i still think you have some type of unnatural leaf/foliage fetish, though.

It's a foliage fetish, it's all natural. Every once in awhile, I like to walk around barefoot when the leaves fall. It combines my foot and foliage fetishes. It's a win win.

Then they start making snow, and I have a snowmaking fetish. Then I have a natural snow fetish. There's fetishes for all parts of the season.

I think we all have it, I'm just a little more vocal than everybody else lol

anybody else try this yet? i entered the same email address i've used for this promotion for the past who knows how many years and they're saying i've already entered the promotion. i wonder if they're actually only allowing it for new newsletter subscribers this year?

anybody else try this yet? i entered the same email address i've used for this promotion for the past who knows how many years and they're saying i've already entered the promotion. i wonder if they're actually only allowing it for new newsletter subscribers this year?

I've done it in years past, including this season, and didn't have any problems. You can use a different email address but same name if you want to try it that way. Or call customer service? Under the new GM they have been very helpful.

I used the same email addy (MSN) the past 2 years and got one. I have a gmail addy as well, and got one using my VT address just to mix it up. Weird that you got denied. Maybe try changing your name slightly or your mailing address/zip code.

EBCAC?