The official 2013 / 2014 Ski Season Thread

RidgeRacer

It's labor day weekend and I'm thinking about winter. What are your early plans for the upcoming season? Right now I'm thinking about living the VinnyV life this season and hitting a ton of different places on the cheap (WNEP card, Montage deals, $25 lift tickets etc). I definitely want to ski more RAW sessions at Blue. It makes sense since I drive past the entrance to and from work for the past 5 years. And I of course can't wait to ski the endless powder on the Elevator. Ski trip wise, I'll have to discuss yet another dollar menu trip to Utah with Phillycore and JFSkiDan and for some reason, I'm really thinking about Stowe. It's the only major area in the East that I havent been that I really want to. Whats everyone else thinking?

The overall hope for me is to hit somewhere out west. Possible Utah but not sure what the finances will look like by winter. Other than that i'm thinking about heading north of the border for a couple days to see what Canada has to offer and hitting Jay, Stowe and if the weather lines up right a trip to Magic. The rest we'll have to see how it goes and if I have a co-pilot for drives.

Was hoping this would be the year I'd get to Wyoming or Montana, but lack of $ means I'll probably do my usual Taos trip since I can pull it off for basically free.

Ridge - late season PASR Stowe invasion, lets make it happen!

• Like 2

planning on heading up to Winter Park weekdays as soon as they open while the kids are in school. Need to get comfortable on skis before the season kicks in. Only had 1 day on them last year. Although my 13 year old says he's looking forward to teaching me. Our passes good for 6 days at Steamboat, maybe do a weekend up there.

I'm meeting with the patrol director on Sunday to try to score a volunteer gig up here, so unless something goes wrong, I should be spending 2-2.5 weeks a month up here in the MRV. Also contemplating a discount card to Smuggs which is about an hour fifteen away for a change of pace. I also hope to make it back to Elk and possibly a day at Blue with the PASR crew. If anybody is thinking of a trip up here, let me know. I'd love to get out on the snow with you guys.

I have a bathroom and kitchen to remodel over the winter, we are considering renting the VT house on a day/weekly basis next year, so I need to make a few improvements. I'm content with my Smuggs pass and hiking for turns in areas I haven't explored yet nearby. Prolly a few trips to Jay, but nothing outside of New England. If I happen to run across a voucher/dealio for lift tix at some other resort up there, I'll consider it. If an early storm hits anywhere within 9 hours on the EC, I'll prolly go. I really enjoy the pre-november turns to make the season feel longer. A trip to canada isn't out of the question. My concern is where gas prices are going this season. I seriously hope Barry waffles and avoids bombing some other asshole country in the mideast and we might see a drop in oil back under 100/bbl pretty quick. Just bought my new Crocs Blitzen II's with cozy liners in a nice espresso color. STOKE!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdupU80HMss

Edited by moe ghoul

hmm..... plans are still up in the air. gore, stowe, sunday river, mrg, sugarbush, hunter are all in the mix right now. locally, we're debating if we are going to renew our bc season pass or not (replace with a six pack of lift tix) b/c last season we skiied a lot elsewhere.

Just Tahoe for me this year, hoping for more big powder days than the last 2 years. Unless some work driven trips to Europe allow some options over there. We are not getting our Squaw/Alpine passes for this year, trying to spend more time at some of the other resorts. Definitely Kirkwood a few times, probably quite a few days at Sugarbowl, at least 1 trip to Mt Rose and I might give Heavenly another chance if they get a decent amount of snow. Late season will probably by next years pass to Squalpine and ride the spring out on that.

I'll be at Blue a lot this year. Because of the new house and all that jibber jabber, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it out west. I'll probably hit Sugarbush a few times, and maybe a few other spots. I'd really like to check out the new Montage.

I'll be at Blue a lot this year. Because of the new house and all that jibber jabber, I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it out west. I'll probably hit Sugarbush a few times, and maybe a few other spots. I'd really like to check out the new Montage.

Congrats on the new house, you still in the neighborhood?

Just Tahoe for me this year, hoping for more big powder days than the last 2 years. Unless some work driven trips to Europe allow some options over there. We are not getting our Squaw/Alpine passes for this year, trying to spend more time at some of the other resorts. Definitely Kirkwood a few times, probably quite a few days at Sugarbowl, at least 1 trip to Mt Rose and I might give Heavenly another chance if they get a decent amount of snow. Late season will probably by next years pass to Squalpine and ride the spring out on that.

those are all a lot better options that around here ;) ....