The official 2013 / 2014 Ski Season Thread

RidgeRacer

Friend said they were planning on testing the guns this week but not really blowing until the weather was more favorable. Anything the could put down the last night / tonight would be gone by the weekend especially with rain in the forecast.

Exactly my point. Why waste the money? I want bear to open as much as the next guy is just not fiscally smart for them at the moment.

You should probably reverse that. Greek Peak is the one that went bankrupt building an indoor water park and hotel, not Elk. Elk is quite fiscally conservative. When their trees are big enough for lumber, they will be a natural gold mine.

Now that I'm done being a jackass, Greek has its defining qualities. It gets more snow, has glades, and has a comparative lift infrastructure (although they added a high speed quad?). It is definitely more of a resort. I know Elk doesn't have the most challenging terrain, but I was quite bored at Greek after a couple hours. Its been a long time, but I still think I would enjoy Elk more. I would be willing to give it a shot again though. I guess thats why we all have our opinions.

hmmmm really, I find the terrain much more interesting at greek. but I like trees and bumps, grooming is much better at elk

a lot of activity up at Blue right now. Moving portable fans all along Vista, cleaning up the patio area. Things are looking good.. if not this weekend, maybe the next. Fingers are remaining crossed.

Next weekend or black friday is more realistic but it would be pretty nice to get some local snow time this early. Its been a few years since we had anything in the area open this early in the season.

Edited by burton71

I think your taking this whole climate change thing a little too seriously. I think you should still be able to count on PA resorts being open by the first weekend in December. May not be 100%, may not be deep, but there will be turns. Maybe turns at BC are rare before X-Mas, but everyone else, c'mon man, stop the hype train.

• Like 2

Guns are still blazing on Main Street..I'm sure there's gonna be some whales..it's already 33-34 degrees near root 22 which means prob 29 at Blue..a couple more hours of snowmaking is possible.

Whether they open this weekend or in a week or two..hopefully it won't be vista only like last season.

they already said they aren't opening this weekend. And who gives a shit what is open, as long as they are open. I'll ride that triple chair on the school hill if it means I get to make some turns.

• Like 6

BB opening at 3pm today!

http://www.jfbb.com/news.html?id=5540

We're Open?

Who's ready? I know we are.... we have worked hard so you can play harder....big boulder PARK will be opening TODAY at 3pm! Yes you read that right...

WE ARE...OPENING!!!!

We will be holding "Boulder Gives Back" for the 7th season in a row. So bring your non-perishable canned items or your Toys- For - Tots! Please remember that Toys- For- Tots goes up to age 16! And to help you remember that it goes up to 16 we will be giving out an additional lift ticket if you bring a "toy" for an older kid (13 +). So not only will you get to ride for free tonight with this toy but you will get to ride for FREE ANOTHER NIGHT!....for the first 100 eligible toys.

And it gets even better.....WE ARE DOING IT ALL AGAIN TOMORROW! Yes. "Boulder Gives Back" TAKE 2!! But instead of giving you an additional lift ticket for donating we have teamed up with Vita Coco so for the first 300 people who donate food or toys will receive a free Vita Coco!

If you are not into donating we will be selling lift tickets at $20 a pop Thursday and Friday. We will know what the deal is for this weekend after tonight happens. Lets get out there and play hard. We have all been waiting patiently the 208 days for the season to come around again....