T-Mobile in Ski Country

guitar73

does anyone here have T-Mobile? If so, how is your data coverage up north (dacks, vt, nh, me, etc). we have looked at their coverage maps, but i'm sure that they don't tell the whole story. i'd like to hear actual user experiences. we currently have ATT and are looking for a less expensive alternative. i'm still on a iphone 4 (3G)....so anything less than 3G data would be a problem for us.

thanks in advance!

Daks drops off up around Lake Placid on 87, VZ is working with NY state to provide coverage on the thruway but that will probably take a 100 years, I believe it would be a peer agreement so every provider could use their signal. It drops pretty much exactly at the sign. Once in the high peaks it's all line of sight. On the Algonquin side we could watch NHL games with 3 bars of 4g, two miles away near Phelps you ain't getting jack shit.

Vt is pretty much relative to people. Do lots of people live near by ? Then you have service, if all you see are trees get fucked. The exception to this is MRV, lots of spots their with jack service. Also there are some weird no zones in around Montpelier and down by Suicide Six.

NH has pretty good coverage, you can get 4 bars at King Ravine but your line of sight is very good. Mt W there is a very famous corner of a bench at Hojo's were if you stand just right you can get calls out. Anything above Berlin, NH is get fucked you got carrier signal if your lucky.

ME is all 95. Anything around 95 is good the further you get away the worse it gets. Poor coverage near Acadia. West of 95 from Bangor north excluding the 95 corridor near Caribou you ain't got jack shit.

The worst coverage in the US is WV, large areas of WV ain't got fuck all.

I have VZ.

Sugarbush receiver a VZ tower 3-4 years ago. Mostly 2-3 bars 3G here. AT&T is 1-2 bars and I've heard T Mobile and Sprint are basically non existent.

Sunday River got Verizon real well depending on the peak (4 bars), but other peaks and some valleys would get 0 bars. AT&T I heard was a little more reliable with some Sprint service, but limited T Mobile.

The few folks I know up in the Smuggs area are ATT or VZ, I have decent connections (ATT) at my house plus I have WiFi, if I go a few miles over to Cambridge, there's zero service unless I go over to B&J coffee on 15 where they have Wifi. I haven't met anyone using T-Mob or Sprint up there. I haven't really checked out if there is a better service since the ATT is working out so far.

Speaking of cell phones, I think my iphone battery is slowly crapping out, I seem to charge it more frequently. Has anyone used any of the backup battery accessories out there? Any preference? I was hoping to get something like this.

http://www.cellphoneshop.net/enlarge-2011.html?http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/cellphoneshop_2286_266086855

I'm trying to keep my current iphone as long as possible for the unlimited data pacjage I've had for a long time. I think I lose it if I upgrade. 9 hour rides to VT go way quicker with Netflix and HBO GO. I got caught up on Curb the last ride home, and I'm queuing game of Thrones for the next ride up. Love marathon series sessions without interruptions. Makes the ride up there seem like a few hours.

Over 10GBs

i've def gone over 4GB in a month....AT&T sends me a nasty-gram text when i do. most of that is internet radio listening. i try to stay on wifi when i can. but i'm still regulary around or a little above the 2 GB level...

Edited by guitar73

Who drives when you are watching Hbo?

I do. I'm the best driver on the road. :)

Moe Ghoul...u won't lose your unlimited data plan if you upgrade...that's an urban legend u are grandfathered in...how old is your iPhone? Based on my own experience I think after 6months battery life declines by 20% and by a year and a half maybe 30-35% decline.

I've heard that twice today, so maybe I'll consider upgrading, Mrs Moe is still rocking an old 3.

Moe Ghoul...u won't lose your unlimited data plan if you upgrade...that's an urban legend u are grandfathered in...how old is your iPhone? Based on my own experience I think after 6months battery life declines by 20% and by a year and a half maybe 30-35% decline.

False. I had unlimited with verizon and they stopped doing the grandfather thing