12/7/14...quick session..blue survived

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey all,

I'm back from another fun session at Blue mountain the true mountain. I was out late last night and helped the bartender count her tip money...she got like $400 but split with someone else still decent. Was still drinking at like 215am. Was up around 645am did a snooze cycle managed to be on route..what about Root to Blue mountain around 7:07 and made it up in 25 minutes with a pit stop at Mickey D's with a pit stop for sausage biscuit hash brown and apple juice. Pulled in to Blue behind Atomic Jeff and Johnny Law at 7:32am and shortly thereafter Toast, Root and others arrived.

In addition TheDudeAbides, MBike Mike, PARidge, TheDudeAbides, MattEdge, Ty, VTMark, TheProgram4, slightly overweight MILF GSS fan and Gary were all in the house. I ended up being first down Vista to

Midway to Main Street condition were groomed frozen granular...loosening up very quickly to loose granular..not sugar really but kind of thick. I skied Main Street the most and not crazy crowded like some of the days before and this is the last weekend the BMR race team isn't there doing their snakes and shit. I skied lazy mile twice and it was a little slow..but the last corner was smooth...come around park had the deepest base on the mountain but some blue ice this morning. I'm guessing its softening up a bit for the two hours this afternoon the sun is on it. The chute was alright for the 9 seconds I was on it...

Then around 10..headed to the lot drank some beers shot the shit and left at 1145am. Temperature rose from 30-40 in four hours. Lets all hope for a nice midweek snowstorm. I'll have to check the accuweather forums. I'm guessing Blue lost maybe 1/4 of their base which isn't bad considering rain, fog and warmth but what's left is solid...tuts lane has more coverage and good snowmaking conditions tonight. I hope they can get the six pack open for next weekend. It just makes for longer runs and more momentum. Anyway was good to be out this morning. Catch all y'all later!!! JADIP

Just another day in paradise.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 2

I had fun today. The snow was quick and I could edge so I wasn't hating it. Saw you all as I was leaving. Sorry I couldn't hang for beers as I had to hit the road. Nice morning though. I can't freaking wait until the 6er opens.

The 6er is good for stoke. Only good thing about upper lot is you get a run right off the bat I already skied 3 runs by 820am...takes till 825am at the lower lot if they open on time. Exit is much faster at the lower lot.

It really softened up for round 2. Made for some fun bump runs with MattEdge. I didn't say anything at the time because I didn't want to kill my good vibe with a confrontation with people I like and I won't name any offenders, but can we not throw empty beer bottles around? It's a fucking juvenile immature frat boy move. If it is too hard to walk the twenty fucking yards to nearest trash barrel, give me your empty and I'd be happy to dispose of it properly for you. Thank you.

• Like 5

did someone throw a glass bottle yesterday?  I thought i heard one shatter near the grassy knoll, but wasnt sure if i was hearing things

No it wasn't shattered was just sitting on the hill. I don't know why TheDudeAbides didn't call the offender out. I always put people on blast. It's how I roll.

i enjoy the trash under the lifts. it gives blue a "Hey dude lets party!" type of vibe

Why did they get rid of the trashcan under the mainstreet doubles?

i don't recall there ever being on under the doubles. Ditto what toast said. Not stoked on walking down the hill and buying a $15 tube to fix a flat on my DH bike cause somebody couldn't wait for the trash can.

I may have tossed a bottle or two in the parking lot.  BUT ONLY BOTTLES I CAN'T RECYCLE.

On average, I take home more empty bottles than I brought full ones.  

Oh yeah, someone dropped a credit card under the doubles on Sunday.  

I was the person who helped point it out from the lift to the ski patroller looking for it...true story

I don't understand why people would take out their wallet on the lift. Except for the few times I do a real time TR on the lift, I never even open jacket pockets. Anyway losing a credit card is no big deal. Can just cancel it and get a new one sent.

It was a $5 I could tell from the lift it wasn't a $1. Anyway I let some kid have it.

On that note I've found money at Blue at least four times..all amounts under $20. TP4 and I had the discussion before about how we both often find money. The most I've ever found was a $50 and I usually find amounts from $1-$20