BC Sad and Lonely

k2king

is there some sort of beef surrounding BC Ironworks?

Yeah they made the best features and then bear creek fired them and made them switch their uniforms and they got rid of the yurt and put their office by the pond and stopped serving Canadian poutine. Weird wild stuff. Plus they no longer play the grandma got run over by a reindeer song at the BC holiday party

Yeah they made the best features and then bear creek fired them and made them switch their uniforms and they got rid of the yurt and put their office by the pond and stopped serving Canadian poutine. Weird wild stuff. Plus they no longer play the grandma got run over by a reindeer song at the BC holiday party

stop. I don't know what happened with bear's park crew over the offseason other than their park manager who I know personally moved west and is not working at bear anymore. I know you don't know either, so stop spreading rumors that at best help no one, and at worst are slanderous.

stop. I don't know what happened with bear's park crew over the offseason other than their park manager who I know personally moved west and is not working at bear anymore. I know you don't know either, so stop spreading rumors that at best help no one, and at worst are slanderous.

This. It's simple doug, just stop tossing it around And cunting up this thread.

All you need to no is that there isn't really 1 person running the show. The name was changed to the parks at bear creek, and that everyone's adapted to said changes. Done.

• Like 3

Tom ? Nice where did he go ?

Quick, fun session last night.  Snow was good a bit hard in spots but with the temps that is expected.  Crowds weren't bad at all on the mountain...the Grille was packed.  Park setup is still great.  Jumps on BB are probably the best BC has had in a few years and some of the best I've hit in PA all season.

Quick, fun session last night. Snow was good a bit hard in spots but with the temps that is expected. Crowds weren't bad at all on the mountain...the Grille was packed. Park setup is still great. Jumps on BB are probably the best BC has had in a few years and some of the best I've hit in PA all season.

You like bb's jumps, head up to boulder haha

Good morning at BC...Everything groomed out..which sucked...Bumps were really nice..just love the bumps on a board...The quasi boarder cross run is pretty fun too ...

IMG_0822_zps68be085e.jpg

I was a little irritated with that. Why groom out 6 inches of fresh snow?

I like the new setup alot BUT the 40' tube to wall ride thing really kills the flow between upper blackbear and lower black bear and the cascade crossover. It would be been better placed at the bottom in my opinion. Other that that the setup is real fun. Any word on Cascade being changed up at all?

I've read/heard about these but never acually saw one in use ....until today...made it look easy...

20150301_094302_zpsvtzaoi08.jpg

I don't get it.  Is it a split board or something?  isn't the point of tele so you can tour and go uphill and stuff?  I'm so confused how this would even work.

I like the new setup alot BUT the 40' tube to wall ride thing really kills the flow between upper blackbear and lower black bear and the cascade crossover. It would be been better placed at the bottom in my opinion. Other that that the setup is real fun. Any word on Cascade being changed up at all?

I'm pretty sure cascade got some new features just this past week, not a full rebuild but a little change up I believe.

That's just crazy.  Sounds like it has no touring ability whatsoever but just used tele bindings due to the width restriction and the direction of the bindings.  Probably makes for some mean speed and carving runs though.  I bet if carver dude saw that thing he was drooling buckets.  There's a guy at BC, some us just just call him "carver dude", that rides all the time with a full face helmet and I'm not sure if it's an alpine board or just a real aggressive binding stance, but he just rides fast as hell and throws wicked carves all day long.

Hey to each their own I guess.  As long as your having fun.  I mean I'm out there shoveling jumps for basically minimum wage and that's pretty much all I'm doing it for.........FUN.