Found My Ski Pin Collection

NMSKI

We were discussing in the lot yesterday that we should hit true blue sports shop and buy pins with a black diamond that say challenge on them. This made me remember that I have a collection of similarly lame pins I collected from about age 10 - 18. Enjoy!

7e20aaa0d6a8fe1006c8c06d1192e645.jpg

• Like 5

• 4 weeks later...

Started my kids on a pin collection this week, inspired by this thread. After 5 visits, they have now made it down every trail at Shawnee (terrain parks excluded), and I let them each pick out a Shawnee pin to commemorate their achievement. I will do the same at each mountain they manage to do that, while still not letting them try anything they can't handle (they didn't go down Tecumseh while it was bumped this week but had tried it another time when it was groomed).

This will give them a collection only of pins from fairly tame areas (unless they buy others themselves), but you gotta start somewhere.

Edited by Ski2Live Live2Ski
  • Like 4

Started my kids on a pin collection this week, inspired by this thread. After 5 visits, they have now made it down every trail at Shawnee (terrain parks excluded), and I let them each pick out a Shawnee pin to commemorate their achievement. I will do the same at each mountain they manage to do that, while still not letting them try anything they can't handle (they didn't go down Tecumseh while it was bumped this week but had tried it another time when it was groomed).

This will give them a collection only of pins from fairly tame areas (unless they buy others themselves), but you gotta start somewhere.

My family has used the pin method of motivation for nearly 50 years now......I use it with my five year old, it's dumb but it works......so does filling your pockets with candy though