1-30: Shit show...

burton71

Got up to Blue at opening to find they were having an issue with the plumbing in the Summit lodge.  At first it didn't seem bad until the smell started.  By 11 you could smell shit inside and outside.  Slopeside bar and basically everything on the main level was closed.  Upstairs was open.

Other than the shit it was a fun day.  Snow was good with a little bit of fresh, crowds were light.  Park was fun but the wind and slow snow basically ruled out the 3rd jump in the jump line.  1st two were hitting well though.

6 pack was stopping pretty often but never for more than a minute or two.  The ticket scanners had a mind of their own basically only working every other run.

I don't understand why anyone goes to the top lodge with the exception of the bar. Conditions were pretty awesome today; skied from 8 til about 4 with a solid beer break in between. Got to try a few new to me skis thanks to nmski and skinsurf, which was fun. Third jump on sidewinder is nice but definitely a bit of a gamble with the wind today. I'm excited to hit it with better weather. Burton, I hope you weren't the dude I was yelling at in the VIP line. He was griping about VIP neglect but didn't even have a season pass, then fell back to the basic skier vs snowboarder beef when I called him out on it.

• Like 2

It sucks having a life outside of the internet.

I try to be relevant with my reports. I rate your report a C-..not terrible but needs more work. You obviously will never write the next great American novel. I like to write my blue reports on the drive home.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Why not park up top? It's closer for me.

Cause then you gotta start out on vista...ride a lift or cut all the way across to end the day..walk through a lodge to start out. Likely walk uphill to start out..have less space to spread out in parking lot and slower exit. As for time to get to slopes it's negligible.

Cause then you gotta start out on vista...ride a lift or cut all the way across to end the day..walk through a lodge to start out. Likely walk uphill to start out..have less space to spread out in parking lot and slower exit. As for time to get to slopes it's negligible.

Guess it's just a 3 decade habit from when there was no lower lot.

Some like Matt Edge prefer the upper lot so he can ski chute right away and some with sports care like it so they don't have to drive up that big hill. Different slopes for different folks. Before this season the lower lot was mostly season passholders now not so much as lessons are down there. One nice thing is that they make employees park out in Kansas on the other side of blue mountain drive.

Some like Matt Edge prefer the upper lot so he can ski chute right away and some with sports care like it so they don't have to drive up that big hill. Different slopes for different folks. Before this season the lower lot was mostly season passholders now not so much as lessons are down there. One nice thing is that they make employees park out in Kansas on the other side of blue mountain drive.

The lower lot is way busier this year.