Storm predictions for Blue

tnt

-  How much snow will Blue get Fri/Sat?

-  How busy will they be Sunday?

-  Will they be 100% open?

-  Will there be enough snow for some bike trails/t-bar/etc....?

Yeehaw....hope it dumps.

11"

Not that busy cause people will be digging out

Depends how much you like your skis

Predictions for the poconos in general?  CB?  JF?  Forecasts are all over the place....

I'm gonna have a car full of kids on sunday, trying to balance the 'storm total vs. insane crowd' equation.

I don't see crowds being insane if it dumps as much as predicted.

Yeah, looks like snow might linger into sunday AM....

Hope we can get out of jersey and get to a mountain.  Will be a fun day if we can.  

Was hoping to hit the catskills this weekend, but looks like they get skunked, and that drive in poor conditions doesn't make any sense.  

Blue will be mobbed on Sunday with the "snow in the backyard crowd" even though there will be more snow in their backyard than at Blue.

Maybe later in the day people are gonna be digging out first. I've never seen blue packed immediately after a major snowstorm. A day or two later yes. If this storm happened Thursday-Friday..Sunday would be packed.

• Like 1

Saturday will be the rider of the storm day. The only untracked snow Sunday morning will be if it snows after 10pm Saturday.

it's not gonna matter b/c they will just groom all that snow into the base.

QFT the only way to get fresh around these parts is to ski during a storm or if it dumps after nightly grooming took place but before opening.

Saturday will be the rider of the storm day. The only untracked snow Sunday morning will be if it snows after 10pm Saturday.

QFT the only way to get fresh around these parts is to ski during a storm or if it dumps after nightly grooming took place but before opening.

Yeah, I was thinking about that too....blue and CB, will just immediately groom everything, which is a drag.  At lest at JF, there are a few more longer graded areas, and a few spots they leave engrossed.  Elk also - was there after a storm and they left a handful of trails alone....

But they are both gonna get skunked by the looks of it.   

Blue seems like the wise choice for me, coming from NJ - drive west on highways until the very end.  Or mountain creek.  We'll see.

Snowmagedon approaches.  Make peace with your maker.  And go the store things you probably already have in the pantry.