Vermont next week

Mess

You missed the friday heady topper delivery in Stowe. usually all sold out by noon.

Finally made it up here, got my gear all organized, now gonna go enjoy some of vermonts finest beers. Then early to bed early to shred! Stowe tomorrow. Gonna be cold as shit.

Vibes...you prolly got up there too late to score Headys from the friday AM Stowe delivery.

• Like 1

You missed the friday heady topper delivery in Stowe. usually all sold out by noon.

Vibes...you prolly got up there too late to score Headys from the friday AM Stowe delivery.

I'll be ok! Between your generous contribution to the parking lot beers and the heady I'm drinking now at dinner, I can't complain. Edited by NMSKI

Drive took about 6.5 from my house. Couple of stops to pee, plus I made a beer stop. Thanks for the recommendations! My hotel is a good 35 minutes from the mountain, so I got some food I can eat in my room for breakfast, but I'll be sure to check out one of the post skiing places you mentioned.

No breakfast being served at the Hotel....?   ha ha ha

Park at the Matterhorn on your drive up and catch the shuttle to the mountain. When you're done skiing for the day and ready to apres harder than you ever have before, ski the Bruce trail back to the Matterhorn!

I wonder if there's enough coverage on the Bruce trail???

He can't Apres Ski that hard he's staying 30 miles away.

Park at the Matterhorn on your drive up and catch the shuttle to the mountain. When you're done skiing for the day and ready to apres harder than you ever have before, ski the Bruce trail back to the Matterhorn!

This this and this ( but agree with coverage remark) Matterhorn post-endorphin day at Stowe is the tits

Parking after 2pm is impossible otherwise. Need to park down the road and walk up

Edited by tarponhead

Easy to get a lot of vert riding the quad here at Stowe. 5 laps already. Nosedive twice, one upper and lower lifeline, one national to lifeline, hayride and lord? A couple inches of fresh snow. Cold as shit but fun. Had to grab my heavy duty face mask. Back out now!

465af99a07f1c0eb0d4669e6c705108c.jpg

• Like 6

Easy to get a lot of vert riding the quad here at Stowe. 5 laps already. Nosedive twice, one upper and lower lifeline, one national to lifeline, hayride and lord? A couple inches of fresh snow. Cold as shit but fun. Had to grab my heavy duty face mask. Back out now!

465af99a07f1c0eb0d4669e6c705108c.jpg

Looks a lot like VT!!!!

Drive took about 6.5 from my house. Couple of stops to pee, plus I made a beer stop. Thanks for the recommendations! My hotel is a good 35 minutes from the mountain, so I got some food I can eat in my room for breakfast, but I'll be sure to check out one of the post skiing places you mentioned.

That's pretty good time time..hope you're staying warm today. I bet the line for the gondola is the longest.

Nosedive is a pretty sweet run. There used to be 7 turns at the top and now only three. Nosedive is a gateway to a lot of good tree skiing.

Had a really fun day, but the cold was rough. High was like 0 at up top it was -5 not including wind chill. I'm not used to that shit. Morning was really fun lapping the quad. Once the temps started to fall even more, the gondola was a nice option. I rode that a bunch of times, but the terrain wasn't as fun as the quad. There were still a bunch of closed trails, and not enough snow to feel good about going in the trees, plus I was solo and had no fucking clue where I was going. Made a quick gondi ride over to spruce peak, man that side is a shitshow. Wanna be vail all the way, I was not impressed. I saw a family of Japanese people (all 3 of them) with their skis on trying to walk across the brick promenade. Called it quits around 3:15 and had a beer and some wings at the Matterhorn. I have a black toenail, and I'm not sure if it was frostbite or toe bang, but thinking frostbite since I never had a problem with these boots. My favorite run was Nosedive because the snow was really good over there all day. I was impressed by the steeps also. I only skied National and Liftline since all the others were closed, but National made me take a sec to think before dropping in! Hopefully I'll come back someday when conditions are a little better, but all in all great day!

• Like 4

Nice report. The top to bottom lifts at Stowe are great. A shame runs like Goat, Starr, ChinClip and Goat are likely closed. Big spruce has a few fun runs from the top. The old big spruce double used to go higher and you were allowed to use Stowe ticket for technically one run at smugglers notch. Was quite the experience I've done toll house lift to triple to double to quad to gondola over to spruce up little spruce up big spruce over to smugglers notch down sterling up sterling up Madonna down to morse mountain up morse and back. Quite the experience.

• Like 3

My favorite run was Nosedive because the snow was really good over there all day. I was impressed by the steeps also. I only skied National and Liftline since all the others were closed, but National made me take a sec to think before dropping in! Hopefully I'll come back someday when conditions are a little better, but all in all great day!

Awesome! Goat and Star are even steeper. Nosedive is an old historic race course (Google meatheads clip) and was the first real black diamond course my sons and I skied. My son was out there yesterday too

Went to Sugarbush yesterday. Seems like an awesome mountain, but not my #1 day of all time. With temps in the -20s, only one lift was running for the first couple hours of the day. My toes immediately re-froze which was a barrel full of fun, and since I tend to sweat a bit when I ski, at -20 that condensation which normally is not an issue becomes ice on the goggles immediately. I was all pumped for the hike only access to castle rock, but didn't get the chance to get up there. Maybe I chose wrong and there would have been more lifts spinning earlier from the other base (I parked at Lincoln peak). Really looking forward to coming back when I can feel my extremities and when I have access to all the terrain.

Overall it was a good couple days since I got to experience some new places, even if my experience was a bit limited.

Now on to Taos where it's full on spring already.

• Like 4

Wow cool video. Conditions look a lot better in the video than 90 percent of the time I skied there. It's crazy that some didn't even wear hats back then to ski on a powder day.

I have a long running convo with my mom and sister about old ski videos an nobody wearing hats.

Was it warmer ? Did they ski less ? Retarded ?