3/20/16....closing day

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun closing day at Blie mountain the true mountain. After yesterday's festivities I wasn't gung ho about leaving my warm bed at 630am. Left my place at 650am and stopped at McDonald's drive thru for a number 2 with apple juice. Then had some sugar free red bull and rolled into the lower lot around 720am and the guns were blasting all over the mountain. The temperature was 28 degrees under overcast sky's with moderate winds. Atomic Jeff, Indiggio and Johnny law arrived a few minutes later and we actually had second civilian chair as we let some herb have first chair as we felt charitable being the last day.

Razors was alright really fast with some skiffs of man made. Nightmare to dreamweaver had fresh man made Poe..it was mad Edgar Allen..wooo. I definitely got some float and took the final corner a little slower as its narrow. Switchback was pretty good a little bit of chunks. Paradise was the most spicy and I passed four people in the narrows..if I wasn't such an agile mofo it would have been mad Homer Simpson..doh. Sidewinder park didn't have features and was smooth until the last section. The falls had opportunities for credit card air..enough air to clear a credit card. Lazy to lower sidewinder skier cross to central pro was like a well known insurance company..progressive.

We then hit come around to chute to lower Main Street and the chute was variable refrozen sludge and lower Main Street pretty smooth. Took the Main Street chair a final time this season and at the top was TP4 sitting on a bench smoking a cig..I don't know if you all know it but he's the most dedicated rider on PASR. Hit up easy out to vista to Burma and got a base grind on the second last corner then back to the six pack. Hit up razors again and sidewinder again and ended with another high speed human slalom courses down paradise. Hit up the lot saw another dedicated PASR Tarponhead who had already been in Manyunk earlier for a college rugby game. Matt edge joined us in the lot along the TheDude4Bides. Had a few beers, pretended I was in Colorado and some snacks leftover from yesterday..chips and peanuts. Then around 1115am me and atomic Jeff left the parking lot for the BMDI

Ham and steeZe omelette, small OJ and seeded eye for toast and fried eggs, bacon hash browns and toast with coffee for GSS was $13 total left a $5 tip..drove home. While this season was short only 11 weekends total vs at least 17 last season, it was a lot of fun and there were many days with good conditions and I got to ski razors a lot this season and so many clean crowd less runs on switchback. I'll prob hit up camelback one day next week along with barly creek as I like their wings and beer then Colorado April 6th..sort of thinking possibly a May long weekend out there as well if I don't spend to much Johnny Cash I'm sort of sore still from yesterday could use a massage...not the kind with a happy ending.

See everybody in 8 or 9 months!!

• Like 1

Just a sad start and end to the season. I think the middle was great. Hopefully next year is better.

The end was pretty great spring skiing as well.

Save for today conditions today were meh.

No Toast, justo, GSSucks, Ryan, MBike or Nastar Glenn. Least number of PASRs out all season.

It will be.

I had lunch with Mother Nature and God today. Both assured me that it would. They also told me Donald Trump might be assassinated. Crazy.

You shouldn't really joke about the trump thing online unless you want secret service kicking in your door overnight.

The end was pretty great spring skiing as well.

Save for today conditions today were meh.

No Toast, justo, GSSucks, Ryan, MBike or Nastar Glenn. Least number of PASRs out all season.

You shouldn't really joke about the trump thing online unless you want secret service kicking in your door overnight.

You're right. I take it back what they predicted. If they do come though, I need to ask them where my pretzel went when I dropped it because this damn pretzel isn't anywhere to be found.

Donald Trump will make winter great again.

Finally.

Y'All bugged out waay too early.

Mother nature wasn't done with Blue yet, as she opened up the skies and dropped a ton of blower flurries on the mountain.

Damn, if it wasn't titty-deep on Nightweaver by like 11:30.

Shortly after the BBQ fired up at lunch, the sun started blazing and the bumps came out to play.

The slightest bit of warmth was all they needed and it was spring bumps all over again!

Skied the bumps till our legs fell off around 2:30-3:00pm, when beer was calling our names.

Tarpon stayed out, but my legs were shot after the early tour-de-mountain with the PASRs.

Afternoon parking lot party continued with many hugs and see-ya's until security started making the rounds about 6:30pm.

All in all, even with the crappy weather we had, Blue really came through this year and made a crappy season worthwhile.

• Like 4

No cause he has a job and apparently he is really good at it

He didn't accumulate $10,000,000,000 being a slacker. I had to tell Mrs. Snowbunski no political talk yesterday. First thing out of her mouth was something trump related lol

Y'All bugged out waay too early.

Mother nature wasn't done with Blue yet, as she opened up the skies and dropped a ton of blower flurries on the mountain.

Damn, if it wasn't titty-deep on Nightweaver by like 11:30.

Shortly after the BBQ fired up at lunch, the sun started blazing and the bumps came out to play.

The slightest bit of warmth was all they needed and it was spring bumps all over again!

Skied the bumps till our legs fell off around 2:30-3:00pm, when beer was calling our names.

Tarpon stayed out, but my legs were shot after the early tour-de-mountain with the PASRs.

Afternoon parking lot party continued with many hugs and see-ya's until security started making the rounds about 6:30pm.

All in all, even with the crappy weather we had, Blue really came through this year and made a crappy season worthwhile.

Wow so you were at Blue 11 hours today and still had the energy to write a report.

I'm emailing Trump to make whiteface great next week.

There's snow on the forecast up there a few times this week the more spring like next weekend? When are you gonna be at whiteface.

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

He didn't accumulate $10,000,000,000 being a slacker. I had to tell Mrs. Snowbunski no political talk yesterday. First thing out of her mouth was something trump related lol

Wow so you were at Blue 11 hours today and still had the energy to write a report.

There's snow on the forecast up there a few times this week the more spring like next weekend? When are you gonna be at whiteface.

Probably because he doesn't get winded getting off the couch to get his microwave gas station burrito.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...