East Penn natural gas pipeline

C1erArt

• 2 weeks later...

All I am worried about is what will happen to the fish in the fishing pond if something goes wrong with the pipe line. We need an environmental study before this moves forward.

I know have the fraggle rock theme song stuck in my head..the things going on at blue mountain can only be explained by somebody with two or more college geology courses and I am that guy. Just as an introduction some rocks are older than others and some rocks are harder than others..cool saved u young grasshoppers a bunch of money on taking geology. Anywhoo...The lower lot at Blue mountain has been sinking every year...they groom it smooth every year with the fluffer attachment but it still continues to sink...that's why the mountain looks bigger every year..it's not an optical illusion. Below the earth live the fraggles and as the lower lot sinks the Fraggles will emerge. On the closing party after some mimosa cherry vodka colas and high test beer and THC and Nicotene and stoke I saw a fraggle emerge from behind a car with a tray of Jell-O shots but it happened to be Beau...stayed tuned boys and girls and stock up on popcorn..weird wild stuff is gonna happen....

post-512-0-96948900-1463173412_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-96948900-1463173412_thumb.jpegpost-512-0-31655300-1463173420_thumb.jpeg

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Correct, i dont want a windmill in my backyard, or my side yard for that matter. They have zero benefit for me, or actually the area they are being built. I doubt they will cause my property value to increase as well.

I do actually have a school in my back yard.

That's pretty selfish of you. Think about all the clean energy that will benefit large amounts of people

At first, i was "ok" with this. I am definitely not against clean energy.  Unfortunately they just dont drop these things in the middle of the forest.  they have to clear cut a shit ton of land to make this all happen.  They actually catch fire often, and since its 350' in the air, basically you just kind of watch it rain down fire on the surrounding area.   Windmills dont last forever, it seems they have a shelf life, and in time they will be decommissioned, but it seems most companys will just walk away from them since it cost a whole bunch of money to dismantle them.   Yay.  abandoned windmills.  The company that wants to install the turbines is from Spain, the electricity generated goes to like New York or something, and i think without the tax benifits that our country is willing to hand out to them, its not a feasible project.  

For whatever awesomeness you find on the internet about windmills, theres an equal, but negative amount of info out there.  To me, i dont see the positives outweighing the negatives, but most peoples results would vary based on their proximity to a wind turbine.  Its all cool as long as you cant see it from your house.  

Is it actually in range of being a problem jf?

Couple buddies that lived next to some said it was always loud, woosh woosh woosh. And the sun would seem like a strobe light at certain times of the day

Thats what i have read.  I have a few friends who are like within 1500' of the proposed location, i am not quite that close, but i imagine i will still get to admire them from my house.  I think the charm of being able to hear the soothing sound of them would wear off quick.  

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind having a small windmill in my yard for own personal use. When we were in Arizona, lots of houses in the middle of nowhere AKA desert had small windmills and solar panels. Lots of people living off the grid. Didn't Blue look into putting windmills in couple years ago? Shot down due to hawk migration?

• Like 1