1/14/17...lots of terrain open and pretty nice.

GrilledSteezeSandwich

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun session at blue mountain the true mountain. I arrived at the lower lot around 725am and it was around 25 degrees under overcast sky's. In the house were NMSki, AtomicJeff, Slim, George, Indiggio, JFBBDan, MBike Mike, Nastar Glenn, JLaw and many more.

A highlight of today was being able to ski a large variety of terrain and ski conditions. First run on razors was icy death and we witnessed carnage later from the lift. Challenge was alright pretty crispy and fast didn't bring me down. Nightmare to Dreamweaver was the run of the day and I hit that about five time. Switchback was ok early but was pretty icy the second time I skied it around 930. Lazy mile was silky smooth and a bit crazy. Upper Main Street was good lower was variable. We also skied a run on sidewinder and it was alright. It's a fast run. Hats off to the snowmakers for getting all the terrain open. They were even blowing snow in the woods to the right of lazy mile and the bumps apparently got a dose of mana made freshies as well. Only a minor lifeline around 10am and then into the lot for some beer and chips. Pleasant weather and nice entertainment from all the cars driving in and out license plates from all over the place.

Tomorrow looks like a lot of PASRs and nice sunny weather. Ski everybody later.

• Like 1

Around 1pm or so the flakes started flying pretty good, so good that they even shut down Mountain Road for a bit while they plowed and cindered. Conditions were definitely improving with the extra inch or so that was falling.

Had to bug out early but not before witnessing yet another vehicle going down the connector slope where the van was the other year, this time it was a big-ass pickup truck.

Evidently the driver had a dislocated shoulder and was headed to the hospital and someone sent him down the trail. Since the trail goes nowhere, he tried backing up but the "road" is totally iced over. Not sure how they're gonna get him out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they open razors back up after the race team had thier way with it? You know, to give the local ambulances something to do.

They shouldnt have opened razors at all. That was really horrible, thankfully it was flat and not all rutted up.

Everything else skied pretty well, which after yesterdays conditions was a nice turn around.

Did they open razors back up after the race team had thier way with it? You know, to give the local ambulances something to do..

Lol

Indiggio gave me the low down. Watched the younger BMR'ers ski down Nightweaver to the service road, take off their skis and walk back to razors just to avoid the head wall

Down right death defying first thing in the morning.

No, ski patrol never opened it back up.  Race coach said that ski patrol said that it was too dangerous.

Guess they didn't want to be tobogganing people off of it the rest of the day.

Should make for interesting races Sunday!

Down right death defying first thing in the morning.

No, ski patrol never opened it back up. Race coach said that ski patrol said that it was too dangerous.

Guess they didn't want to be tobogganing people off of it the rest of the day.

Should make for interesting races Sunday!

We missed you today Indiggio are you ok?

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich

Heard he had to take his son back to school.... what no buses !?!?

Yup took the kid back to school. 

It was ironic though, he forgot his water bottle up at Blue, so we ended up stopping there around 1pm.

Lift lines looked crazy, yet the slopes looked pretty empty.

Edited by indiggio