Jackson hole 1/24-2/1...2017

Are you staying at the 49er again with Fred???

Yup, was going to get a place in the Village with TGR folks, but they were going for the 4 to a room/floor space program. That ain't gonna work with my snoring. Gepeto asked me if I could sleep in the bath tub, lulz. I got a good deal with the tickets + I like to hang out in town. Hey, do they Uber in JH? Just curious

Yup, was going to get a place in the Village with TGR folks, but they were going for the 4 to a room/floor space program. That ain't gonna work with my snoring. Gepeto asked me if I could sleep in the bath tub, lulz. I got a good deal with the tickets + I like to hang out in town. Hey, do they Uber in JH? Just curious

No uber in JH yet can either take free bus to mountain or $3 town bus or taxi.

Being in town is the best then you can walk to all the bars and restaurants.

No uber in JH yet can either take free bus to mountain or $3 town bus or taxi.

Being in town is the best then you can walk to all the bars and restaurants.

That's my thinking, too. I can hang with the TGR crew skiing and Apres. Village kinda dies out after the lifts close, IIRC. Never stayed in the Village.

That's my thinking, too. I can hang with the TGR crew skiing and Apres. Village kinda dies out after the lifts close, IIRC. Never stayed in the Village.

I've never been in the village after like 430 so no idea what it's like but most who stay on mountain drive or cab it to town each night.

Good: Got to have breakfast in the United lounge

Bad: Didn't get Chicago hot dog or cheddar popcorn from Nuts On Clark

Ugly: Kept thinking that Nuts on Clark would be a title of an adult movie.

Good..first gondola at Jackson hole every day.

Bad...tough to get Shiros in the slots the two days I skied them.

Ugly..clumsily walking around the bullwheel trying to remove skis tripping dropping poles till attendant had a chance to sip his coffee, laugh and then finally help me before my skis were headed back down the mountain.

Good..the 49er is always good especially if the free breakfast is avoided cause it's not worth the money.

Bad..when you come back on an early bus and housekeeping is still in Jeffs room

Ugly..when 45 minutes later housekeeping is still in atomic Jeffs room sitting on the edge of his bed watching the Spanish Channel

Good: Servers who ask,"How were those first bites"

Bad: Servers that forget items but still charge you for them.

Ugly: the reaction on my face when they were out of the blood orange sorbet at Thai me Up or Thai my shoes or whatever the heck the Thai place is called by the 49er

Good: Skiing a decent amount of woods

Bad: When you pee in the woods and forget that last shake.

Ugly: once again Moran area is fucking destroyed..the Wahaahahaoey glades don't make up for it.

• Like 2

Yup 17 poles out...sucks. I saw there as a microburst with gusts as high as 150mph. And essentially everybody staying in Teton village is with power. It's all good I'm sure the 49er, Elk country inn, cowboy village and the Antler inn in town have plenty of rooms for all the people staying at the Four Seasons who need to rebook lol.

Elk did this several years ago -- on a MUCH smaller scale when the compressor building burned. 

They built an outdoor compressor manifold and had generators to run it in place in under a week.  There are folks who specialize in this type of recovery.  Its just the amount of power that is needed.  They could place the units strategically around the resort, the larger ones are trailer based.

wow that is horrible. Imagine if you were there for a trip right now. I would just be drunk the whole time after skiing Snow King.

You could take a bus to targhee. Targhee is like okemo compared to Jackson hole though and often foggy. The one time I skied Snow King was the day JH shut down all their lifts at 11am and I took a bus there after lunch and drinks and bought a 2 hour ticket. Steep mountain but only a few ways down.

That day is documented in this video. I have a cameo at 4:14 in. And 7:30 in shows the blizzard that shut the place down. This was 2009

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ip09iryWIwQ

Edited by GrilledSteezeSandwich
  • Like 1

Good: The majority of people are finally starting to put the bar down.

Bad: The amount of low intermediate skiers JH is attracting is astounding. Couldn't believe how crowded the bus has become from the 49er..

Ugly: Watching the skiers described above get owned by the steep terrain at JH. The easiest blue square amphitheater is the same pitch as razors edge.